While some people love to use all their precious holiday days in one go in a weeks-long, all-out summer extravaganza, they often spend the rest of the year pining for the sun and for some R&R. Wouldn’t it be better to sprinkle four or five shorter breaks throughout the year, so you always have a holiday just around the corner? |
Need more convincing? Here is my list of the top benefits of short breaks.
• Planning – Half the fun of a holiday is the sense of anticipation you have leading up to it. With multiple trips a year you will always be looking for flights, checking out bijou hotels and stunning beaches and giving your brain a break from the everyday. From making your packing list to plotting out your travel itinerary, the only thing better than planning a holiday is being on one.
• Discover More – It’s simple: the more trips you take, the more opportunity you have to tick those major sights off your bucket list.
• Travel Light – Short breaks mean carry-on only travel. This allows you to spend less time in airports and causes less stress when travelling, giving you more precious hours and energy to enjoy your stay.
• Experience More – All seasoned mini-breakers know that you can do as much in four days as in two weeks. When you’ve only got a few days to spare, you tend to pack more in and waste far less time. You’ll use every minute of your break rather than spending hours poring over the guidebook indecisively.
• Worry Less – Though it might sound as if having multiple short breaks instead of one long one would be logistically more difficult, it is actually the opposite. It is far easier to budget and save for smaller trips. Finding house sitters, booking pets into kennels and getting holiday leave is also easier when you’re only asking for a few days.
• Revitalise Yourself – Keep your productivity high year-round and avoid that awful slump when you are months away from a holiday by escaping regularly from the real world. A few days of relaxing, pursuing your passions and discovering new things will leave you refreshed and revitalised. You’ll feel more relaxed at home and at work and have more energy and motivation.
Be Mini Break Ready
If you decide to convert to mini breaks, then you’ll need to make a few changes to your normal holiday routines. Instead of full-sized sun creams and shampoos, stock up on the 100ml versions so you can breeze past the luggage carousels travelling hand-luggage only. You’ll also need to swap from a single trip insurance policy to annual multi trip travel insurance, which offers regular travellers a simple policy that covers them year-round. Annual multi trip travel insurance allows you can take spontaneous trips safe in the knowledge that you are covered every time you leave the country.
So... what are you waiting for? And where will you go first?
Ethan Bailey is an experienced adventure traveller and insurance expert with the team at Let's Go Insure. Ethan’s passion is to inspire his clients to go just that little bit further, deeper and higher on their travels and his expertise in providing the ideal insurance cover allows them to do just that. If you're looking for the best annual multi trip travel insurance Let's Go works with the most experienced underwriters, intermediaries and insurers to offer a range of competitive insurance without compromising on cover.
Related Articles -
Annual, multi, trip, travel, insurance,