Combining relaxing beach holidays with the chance to explore a country’s fascination history and tackle some thrilling outdoor activities in the gorgeous countryside, Malta attracts tourists from around the world. It’s no surprise really! |
Here are ten great reasons to visit the island.
1. The Weather Let’s be honest, if you’re going on holiday, good weather is a must. Fortunately, Malta offers just that all year round. In the summer, the glorious sunshine makes for ideal beach weather, while the winter months are filled with mild temperatures and sunny days.
2. The People The Maltese have a reputation for being kind, hospitable and helpful. People are willing to give lost tourists directions and offer a helping hand to anyone in need.
3. Lots of Tourist Attractions Malta boasts an abundance of museums and edifices that celebrate the island’s rich heritage. I’d recommend going to see the Tarxien Temples. They’re a must!
4. And Other Events Too The island also offers a variety of sports, including scuba diving, hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking. All the necessary equipment is available to rent. You could also catch one of the many theatrical shows or pop concerts, or watch a historical re-enactment like In Guardia.
5. The Beaches Malta’s most popular beaches are the beautifully-sandy Golden Bay, Ghajn Tuffieha and Mellieha Bay. These can get quite crowded, so if you’re looking for somewhere quieter, head over to Gozo. Locals will gladly point out the beaches with the most peaceful surroundings.
6. No Language Barriers Because English is Malta’s second official language, pretty much everyone speaks it. You’ll have no trouble communicating with staff in hotels and restaurants, or with the locals on the street.
7. Great Accommodation There’s a wide range of accommodation on offer in Malta. If you’re looking for a hotel, you’ll find everything from an inexpensive 3-star to a luxury 5-star. If you’d prefer the flexibility of cooking for yourself, there are several fully-furnished apartments available too.
8. Vibrant Nightlife Malta offers a unique clubbing experience, with brilliant open-air clubs and international DJs performing every night.
9. Peaceful Atmosphere in Gozo The Maltese islands also encompass the charming Gozo, an island with a stunning seafront and lovely countryside. It’s much more rural than Malta and boasts a more peaceful ambience. It’s also an excellent place to sightsee. Visit Calypso’s cave, the Citadel bastions and the Megalithic temples of Ggantija.
10. An All-year Round Destination Thanks to its lovely weather, its array of outdoor activities and tourist attractions, Malta is a great holiday destination to both escape the January blues in winter, and soak in some sunshine in the summer.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to the island is to fly into Malta airport. Several budget airlines, including Ryanair and easyJet, offer direct three-hour flights from the UK. Before you travel, I suggest booking a transfer from Malta Airport. Shuttle services are readily available to safely take you to your accommodation.
Lukas Johannes is a driver for Shuttle Direct, the number one provider of shared and private airport transfers all over Europe and northern Africa. If you’re looking for an affordable Malta airport shuttle service Lukas and his colleagues can make sure that you and your luggage get to and from the airport swiftly and safely.
Related Articles -
Malta, Airport, shuttle, service,