Male menopause is a condition that affects men as they age. Also known as andropause, it describes the age-related changes in male hormone levels. Male menopause is most often denoted by a drop in the hormone androgen in men 50 years of age or older. For the uninitiated, androgen is made in the male reproductive organ. It does more than just control sensual urges; it also helps fuel mental and physical energy, maintain muscle mass, and regulate the fight-or-flight response. Unlike female menopause, not all men experience it. It also doesn't mean the reproductive organs shut down. In fact, some men father children into their 80s. It can, however, affect several parts of daily living. Here are a few of the most common symptoms. |
1) Depression or Sadness - As androgen levels drop, a man can experience depression or sadness. Depression is a consistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities. This symptom can itself lead to other major changes in lifestyle including appetite, sleep, concentration, energy level, and self-esteem. If depressed, seek professional help immediately as this is a very serious symptom of male menopause.
2) Insomnia or Difficulty Sleeping - Low androgen can cause a wide range of sleep disturbances including insomnia. Some men may have problems falling or staying asleep for a healthy number of hours. Men also may experience increased sleepiness even though they slept a normal number of hours. Men having sleeping problems can try to create a more sleep-friendly space by regulating light, temperature, and sound. If that doesn’t work, see a sleep specialist.
3) Loss of Muscle Mass and Feelings of Weakness - Androgen is one of the hormones that are responsible for energy and maintaining muscle mass. As androgen production decreases, some men experience waning muscle mass and an overall feeling of weakness. Resistance training has shown to help men regain muscle mass. Also, make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet.
4) Reduced Libido - As people age, it’s not unusual for them to desire intimate relations less than they did in their 20s. However, when the urge to make love goes weeks, months, and even years, this can cause significant stress, concern, and problems in a relationship. Men who are concerned about their libido can take supplements to build it back up.
5) Reproductive Dysfunction - This denotes the inability to maintain a firm member during coupling. This is one of the most noticeable symptoms of male menopause. This can cause a lot of stress, relationship strain, and low self-esteem in a man and his partner. There are a host of things that can help this issue from medication to exercises, but they should be evaluated with a medical practitioner.
Regaining Virility During Male Menopause
During male menopause, a man can experience a lot of physical and emotional changes. He should get help when needed and remember that his identity and self-confidence are not controlled by male menopause.
In addition to getting regular exercise, adequate sleep, and eating a healthy diet, men can also perform other acts of self-care to make male menopause an easier time. Meditation and yoga have been shown to help balance the body and regulate the endocrine system.
Men who are suffering from ED can also use a specially formulated male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily. These specials creams are designed specifically for the member and should contain ingredients such as vitamins A, B, D, and E, which support healthy cellular function. In addition, men should look for a product containing vitamin C as it helps blood flow, elasticity, and is vital for reproductive performance. L-Arginine is also a key amino acid that should be included in a male organ crème as it aids in the process of getting hard.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
symptoms of male menopause, male menopause, male organ health crème,