In the last 20 years, there has been various changes in the manufacturing industry due to technology. In the olden days, fabrication and manufacturing were performed by people by hands. At present, the technology and computer has transformed the industry and automation has remained as the leading advantage in the present manufacturing world. |
Automation systems helps companies to produce large range of products at fast rate. It does not compromise on quality in any way and repeatedly produces the same items as expected. It remains as the most important determining factor in deciding whether the company will stay competitive or not in the manufacturing industry. Automation has already started to set up industry standards and provides numerous advantages. At the same side, there are even certain negative features about automation.
Conveyors used in automotive applications
Automotive applications need efficient assembly process while handling various automotive parts. The dimensions of the conveyors remains unique and as per customer’s requirements. A carrier which is the portion of overhead conveyor system is possible to custom design in order to setup the physical sizes of the parts which requires to be conveyed. The engineering team would also design and develop the material handling system according to the particular requirement. Features of automotive industry conveyor
There are several materials involved in the conveyors like fabric, rubber, plastic and steel. The segments of vehicle which the garment conveyor systems in that particular industry could handle include pallet heaps of cartons, parts for assembly line like seats, drivetrains, or bumpers, vehicles in the course of assembly process. Types of automotive conveyors
- Roller conveyors:This type is a common fixture used in the manufacturing sector. The conveying surface remains extremely durable and offers years of problem free service. It also does not cost much when it comes to downtime. Roller conveyors are either unpowered or powered and the product that is transported will be moved by the gravitational force. When it comes to moving large heavy totes or pallets, a chain supported live roller is used in the car manufacturing or assembly plant.
- Overhead conveyors:It includes EMS (electrified monorail systems), free and power and monorail systems. The carriers that are transported through the overhead conveyor line helps in easy access of products that are conveyed. While using in the vehicle assembly plant, it is mostly used in moving large objects like door subassemblies and bumpers to production area. The best part of overhead conveyors is it mixes directional flexibility along with rugged and simple design which helps to transfer product via manufacturing processes which other conveyors cannot.
- Slat conveyors: The slat conveyor model is setup in the floor in the automotive assembly plant. It is also referred to in-floor slat conveyors. It remains ideal for moving trucks, buses, heavy vehicles, cars and large engines to the assembly process. The design of the slat conveyors permits for uninhibited entry for assembly line employees.
- Towline conveyors: Certain benefits and design features of the slat conveyors are seen in towline conveyors. It is a system that is installed in the floor just like towline conveyors. It permits the assembly line workers to fully access to the automobile that is being transferred along with the automobile assembly line. The towline conveyor system has an infinite chain loop that is enclosed in form of curved or straight sections and setup in the floor. Carts or carriers with heavy duty conveyor systems load are dragged used chain all through the track area.
What are the benefits of automation systems in manufacturing industry? Automation benefits
Alpha Conveyor is the conveyor manufacturers in canadais a specialist in automation assembly and systems, conveying systems, logistic automation systems, storage and warehouse automation systems, robotics and control and welding automation. They ensure to deliver world class services and products to clients on time. They have been offering innovative solutions to various core business areas and aim to offer a positive and safe work environment and also enhance employee satisfaction.
- Less human error: It is common for all people to make mistakes. It is rare to perform a task without any mistake. It is the reason we have started to depend on machines. It can easily perform repeated tasks without much mistakes like the employees.
- Increase in repeatability and accuracy: If the automated machine has been designed to perform a repeated tasks, the repeatability and accuracy remains far better when compared to employees.
- Decrease in production time: It is recommended to have a machine which is completely automated can help in speeding the production process. The machine does not require thinking. The repeatability of tasks is better with less human errors by employing machines at work places.
- Higher volume production: It is totally worth to invest in automated equipment as it remains as a valuable resource. It helps in manufacturing large volumes of products and also increases the profitability of the business. Increased safety: By having automated machines, it is possible to perform tasks that are prone to injury and dangerous. Thus, it makes the entire work environment safe.
Related Articles -
conveyor maintenance services in canada, food conveyor systems in canada, automotive conveyor system manufacturers in canada,