I received an email today. |
It was a newsletter from an e-commerce company I started following long ago, mainly because I know the owner.
When I opened it, I can confidently say that this is one of those blatant sales pitch emails.
It has the typical phrases you see in those kinds of emails.
You know, phrases like:
“Don’t miss out,”
Or “Limited Time Only.”
So why is this wrong?
Well for starters, those emails can easily get caught by the spam filters.
And B, there is nothing in that email that builds the relationship between the business owner and their reader. I can even dare to call it a “booty call email,” the only difference is they’re asking for your money.
And email, by nature, is a one-on-one personal communication tool. So why would it make sense to use it as a flyer or brochure distribution tool?
Now with all that said, you’re probably wondering what the right way is.
That is taught in my book, How to Become an Email Titan, that you can get by clicking the link below.
- Why you shouldn't rely on SEO and social media to build your business.
- The two things should do to avoid losing your entire customer base and being forced to start all over again.
- A simple strategy taught by one of the greatest direct marketers, Gary Halbert, that you can use to skyrocket the chances of your readers opening your emails.
- How to make your free offer so irresistible that your visitors will want to give you their email addresses before they even finish reading your landing page.
- 8 list building methods to attract responsive and loyal email subscribers....What's great is that most of them are free, except for one. Plus three other methods you can always use to get a quick “subscriber injection.”
- How NOT to write your subject lines....When your subscribers see these types of subject lines, they’ll immediately trash your emails and might even mark them as spam.
- How to condition your subscribers to open your emails as soon as they see your name in their inboxes (Even if you wrote the weakest subject lines).
- Two effective email frameworks that hit all the psychological points that'll make your readers want to buy anything you sell them
About the author:
Ellisen Wang is an email copywriter and the author of “How to Become an Email Titan.” You can read the sample chapters of the book and learn how to write email copy that your subscribers will never get enough of and will make them want to buy from you by opting in at EllisenWang.com. When you opt in, you’ll also get daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips sent straight to your inbox. If you don't want to optin, you can also read through the blog and listen to the audios for more marketing content and training.
Related Articles -
email marketing tips, copywriting tips,