If there comes time when you need to unload your timeshare you may find yourself asking the simple question "How do I sell my timeshare?" Doing so is not always the easiest proposition in the world and there are many people out there who say they can help you. Unfortunately there are also a multitude of scammers out there who take advantage of timeshare owners looking to sell. But if you pay attention to following 5 tips it can make the process relatively easy and protect you from those who would take advantage of your situation. |
1. Know your position – You do need to understand that selling a timeshare is not easy and selling to make a profit is nearly impossible. It's simply the law of supply and demand at work that causes this because there is a large supply of timeshares available on the market today. And with the resort industry adding more units to the timeshare market every year it will continue to be this way for the foreseeable future. Knowing this can help keep your expectations from getting the best of you.
2. Know your limitations – Most timeshares are bought through either a developer or a timeshare marketing company. They have large marketing budgets and are able to hot "Free Vacation Timeshare" weekends in which they host prospective buyers for free. As a private seller you will not be able to do this limiting your exposure to get your property in front of potential buyers.
3. Price to sell and know the market – Your chances of selling a timeshare for a profit are slim but it is possible to get out of the payments and hassles of owning a timeshare. Look at what other timeshares in your market have sold for and try not to pay attention to the list prices. Knowing this can help you properly price your timeshare in a competitive market.
4. Use cost effective advertising – The best place to advertise your timeshare is on the internet. There are a variety of websites to specialize in timeshare for sale ads and many are free of charge. You can also post in newsgroups and forums that are specific to that industry. This gets your information in front of people who are interested in buying timeshares.
5. Brokers – If time is of the essence then consider a resale broker. They can help you get the exposure you need to the buying public and help you sell it in a timely manner. Just remember that using a broker will cost you and many charge an upfront fee to help you sell your timeshare. This does not mean that you can't ask if they will take it on a commission basis as many will work with you depending on your situation.
Selling a timeshare is not easy but if you do your research up front you can easily avoid the scammers who are waiting to take advantage of you. Keep these tips in mind and be prepared to keep your expectations under control. With the right perspective you can sell your timeshare with out to much hassle.
For more information about how to sell a vacation timeshare please visit the website Travel-Choices-Net by clicking here.
Related Articles -
How do I sell my timeshare, sell my timeshare, sell timeshare, selling timeshare,