Selling your home can be a daunting task in the current sluggish market. Many buyers are apprehensive and have high expectations. If you want to see your home sell fast, you're going to have to take some personal initiative. |
1. Roll up your sleeves and commence to cleaning. The house should be sparkling with no traces of grime or mildew. And it's not just about dusting over the tops of bookshelves. You should extend yourself both figuratively and literally.
Reach your hand way back behind counters, underneath appliances, near the water heater and other places in your home that you forgot existed. If you can afford it, hire a professional cleaner, including rug and window services. It will spare you the effort and make your house look fresh and new, even if it isn't.
2. Hide the teddy bear collection — fast! You want to strip away unnecessary personalization that will detract from the home's potential. You may think that the fireplace mantel is the perfect showcase for those charming fairy figurines, but it might make a potential buyer gag. They need to be able to visualize their belongings in the space, not yours.
3. Package your home to sell to a variety of potential buyers. The easiest and most proven method of selling residential real estate is by staging your house. Staging is when you use furniture and décor (just a touch) to help the buyer visually organize the space and see the future possibilities.
Designating rooms with specific purposes will have a large impact on the sale. Professional stagers or real estate experts can be hired and furniture rented, or you can always give it a go yourself.
4. Fix repairs that you've been putting off. Leaky faucets, cabinets that are permanently ajar, and creaky floorboards will all count against you. Many buyers look for these small details and it would be tragic to lose a sale due to a squeaky door that can are easily fixed.
5. Renovate if you must. In some cases the money and time might just not be there, but remember that a good renovation will more than pay for itself and often adds a hefty additional profit to your sale. Key spots to focus on are kitchens and bathrooms.
If you can only choose one room, it should be one of these. They should look sleek, modern, and as spacious as possible. The more you spend, the more you will return on your investment and the better your chances of a quick sale.
6. Mow the lawn. You might be so focused on prettying up the inside of your home, you forget about curb appeal. Although the inside is what will determine the sale, it's often the exterior that pulls buyers into the real estate.
Fortunately, simple is often the best route to go. Most buyers don't want to bother with a high-maintenance lawn, but they do expect green grass and a smooth driveway.
Although the residential real estate market is in a slump, preparing your home for sale can help you sell faster and for a higher price. Putting in the effort is well worth the reward.
Looking to sell real estate in Asheville, North Carolina? A realtor will help you research prices and terms of sales in the current real estate market in order to arrive at an expected sale price. Search for one in your area on the site here www.preferredrealestatecenter.com.
Related Articles -
asheville real estate, real estate asheville nc,