Some rare reasons |
1. Bowel obstruction:--
Bowel obstruction is associated with severe pain and vomiting. Abdomen is distended with rumbling sound. Baby is constipated with absence of flatus.
Invasion of pathogenic micro organisms in to the blood is called septicemia. Fever is associated with this condition.
3. Torsion of testes in male kids:
When a male baby cries continuously his scrotum should be examined. Torsion of the testes produce severe pain which will be worse by touching the affected testes. When the testes is pressed upwards pain is relieved. If this is not treated properly it can damage the affected testes due to lack of blood supply.
Initially there may not be fever, hence crying baby with alternate vacant stare and irritability should not be ignored. Fontanel is bulging. Neck rigidity and seizures may appear later.
5. Retention of urine:
Children with retention of urine will have agonizing pain making them restless.
6. Major injuries:
Major injury to any parts of the body causes pain. Occasionally children will fall while arraying and results in head injury. Head injury is associated with reflex vomiting and convulsions.
The following are some points which should be considered while dealing with a crying baby.
1. It is dangerous to shake the baby vigorously.
2. Tight cloths can cause irritation hence it should be removed.
3. If the room is hot put the fan and open the windows.
4. If the nappy is wet remove it and after cleaning the parts make it dry with a soft towel.
5. Pat her back or stroke her head slowly and let her here your soothing sound.
6. Give breast milk and make her quiet.
7. If the climate is cold cover her in soft towel.
8. Rock her gently in your arms and walk slowly in the room.
9. Take a music making doll and let her listen.
10. Try a pacifier or help her for thumb sucking.
11. If no response change her position.
12. Walk outdoors with her.
13. Put her on the cradle and rock gently.
14. If no response ask somebody to carry the baby.
Even after all these steps the baby goes on crying see for the following signs. ( Probable cause is given after every sign)
1. Press her abdomen gently, she may twist or resist you: - Colic
2. Pull her ear gently she may become worse or push your hands away: - Earache.
3. Feel her temperature with the back of your hands: - Fever due to any infection.
4. Examine the skin from head to foot: - Eruptive disease, nappy rash, measles, vesicles, allergy ect.
5. See the nose for any discharge: - Coryza.
6. Move the head gently to feel any neck stiffness : - Meningitis, head injury ect.
7. Keep your ear near her chest to hear any rattling sound: - Increased mucus in wind pipes. (pneumonia, bronchiolitis, asthamatic bronchitis ect)
8. Examine the anal orifice: - Anal erosion, rectal polyp, crawling of worms.
9. Examine the genitalia: - Any discharge or erosion.
10. In male baby see the testicles which may be swollen or tender: - Orchitis, torsion of testes.
11. also notice the body movements and see for any convulsions, rigors, vomiting, cough, labored breathing ect.
If you see the above signs or any other abnormal signs consult your doctor for proper treatment.
THE COMPLETE COLLECTION of QUALITY PARENTING & EDUCATION e-BOOKS AVAILABLE on THE INTERNET it is here:
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission Drug Rehabilitation FORUM FREE Quality Content
Anne-Marie Ronsen is the author of many wealth and self development books. Download FREE e-books from http://www.e-bestsellers.com, http://www.plrbestsellers.com or http://www.universalpublishingltd.com ...You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You'll also discover FREE Premium content at http://www.ibestof.com/ and Manual Submission Directory at: http://www.webdirectorybank.com
Related Articles -
Parenting, Learning, Development, family, pregnancy, stay healthy,