Here are five great ways to spruce up your wardrobe without spending a lot of money. Most women have noticed that times are tough and there is less money to go around. It is easy to get stressed when funds are low and it can be especially depressing when you grow tired of your wardrobe but have no means of purchasing a fresh look. But don't despair; there are still ways to keep you looking good without emptying your wallet. |
Check out the following ideas for staying fashionable for less:
1. Go through your closet Like most women, you probably have clothes you don't wear often and have even forgotten about. Well now is the time to do an inventory check of your wardrobe.
Most likely you will find forgotten treasures that will feel like new clothes again. Also, be creative and try to make your old clothes work in new ways. For example, add belt to that old black dress you found and you will have created a whole new outfit.
2. Shop second hand Your local thrift store may become your favorite shopping spot. There are many great women's fashions hidden in the racks at thrift stores. You are sure to find many gently used clothes that usually cost less than ten or even five dollars.
After a careful search through the racks, you may walk out of a consignment store with a pile of new-to-you clothes for the same price that would only buy you one blouse from a department store. And don't worry; no one will know they are used if you don't tell them.
3. Throw a clothing exchange party Throw a little party and invite some of your closest girlfriends with the charge to bring their old clothes they are tired of. At the party everyone can trade clothes and go home with different outfits.
This is a great way to freshen up your wardrobe with new clothes because one girl's trash is another girl's treasure. You'll have fun partying with your friends and then you'll leave with new-to-you fashions that you didn't even pay a dime for.
4. Stock up on the basics When buying clothes, make sure that you stock up on the basics, meaning clothes that mix and match nicely and clothes that go well with anything. This means that instead of buying a cool but loud patterned blouse you would be better off buying a less crazy top that works well with more bottoms and most accessories.
Another example includes buying neutral shoes instead of the bright red pumps that only match one dress. Your wardrobe may not be as exciting and unique, but your wallet will be fuller and you will have less stress during these economically hard times.
5. Get creative and crafty When you don't have the money to buy loads of new clothes, sometimes your only option is to get creative. Try things that you have never done before. Find some new funky buttons at your local craft store and sew them onto an old sweater to create a whole new look.
Try making your own jewelry; you can copy more expensive designs at a fraction of the cost or you can create your own unique pieces. Also ribbon is inexpensive and can be used to spruce up all sorts of outfits as headbands, belts, or whatever. Get in touch with your creative side and you'll be sure to save money and possibly start a new trend in women's fashion.
Ralph Lauren for women has a lot to offer for women who want to be fashionable for less. You can make your wardrobe exciting by using some creative ideas. Visit, www.theubershop.com.
Related Articles -
discount Ralph Lauren Polo women shirts, Ralph Lauren for woman, clothes Lauren Ralph woman,