The Dodge Sprinter is a unique vehicle and not just because of its versatility and utility features. Yes, the Sprinter is a roomy passenger van and an easily customized cargo van as well as a reliable chassis cab, but underneath all of this it also benefits from marvelous German-engineering. |
That's right-the Dodge Sprinter utility vehicle is actually German made. This is a result of a Mercedes and Chrysler merger (which is now over but Dodge is still benefitting). This union made it possible for Dodge to introduce a cargo utility van to the United States that has been and is still wildly popular in Europe.
The chassis and other parts are manufactured at a Mercedes plant in Germany and then shipped to the United States where they are assembled to meet U.S. specs and a Dodge logo is slapped on the body. There are many benefits to the Sprinter and its solid German-engineering.
* Structural Integrity: Built with a 3.92 axle ratio, the Sprinter can tow a maximum 5,000 pounds. 16 inch steel wheels and German-designed chassis provide a sturdy base for this versatile vehicle.
* Handling and Performance: Europe is known for its tiny roads and tight alleyways and the Sprinter is designed with this in mind. Despite its top-heavy appearance, the van easily maneuvers in tight spots and takes corners like a pro. It is surprisingly balanced as well.
* Efficiency: The Sprinter gets better gas mileage than its competitors. It comes in a diesel and a gas engine with the diesel getting better mileage. When it is your business to make house calls or deliver things, efficient gas mileage is very important to your bottom line. Saving money is also important if you've got a large family to take on vacation.
* Safety: All the models have automatic stability control which means the vehicle predicts and corrects the direction of the wheels and the application of the brakes. This is important if you find yourself in a skid. Traction control and anti-lock brakes are also part of the safety arsenal. The Sprinter offers a comfortable and safe drive whether you need to move people or cargo.
* Versatility: This vehicle is great for any number of functions. The Mercedes version is used as a utility van all over Europe. But, in the United States, people are buying the Sprinter for use as a passenger van and as a utility vehicle.
There is even a sort of cult following among people who like to see just how custom they can make their vans. They convert them into mini-RVs and luxury travel vans for family vacations. The passenger and cargo van models are also available in extended roof styles which offer more room and comfort for any use.
Maybe it's a cliche that Germans create good technology, but when it comes to vehicles, they know what they're doing, and have been producing quality vehicles for years. If you have a need for a quality passenger or cargo van, the German-engineered Dodge Sprinter is just what you're looking for.
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is a big delivery van, chassis cab and minibus that can be customized for both family and commercial use. To find out more about this versatile, German-engineered, Sprinter van, visit www.sprinterdealer.net.
Related Articles -
cargo dodge sprinter, dodge sprinter, dodge sprinter dealers, dodge sprinter manual, dodge sprinter van,