Below are some ideas that you can start implementing today for generating sales/profit from your website: |
1. Keep people at your web site for as long as possible. Allow them to download free e-books, sign up for contests, use free online services, etc. This will help increase your sales. You could use pop-up pages, pop-under pages and exit pages too. But be warned, this can annoy some visitors.
2. Anticipate any objections your visitors may have about your product’s offer. You must research your target audience's needs and wants. For example, your target audience may not like businesses that use free web site domains. Another example, they may not like to buy from web sites that don't accept offline checks.
3. Remember not to use outrageous or unbelievable claims in your ad copy. People are too savvy online and won't believe you. For example, don't say, "You can make 1 million dollars in 2 days!" Another example, "You can fold paper at home and make up to $2000 a day!"
4. Pick a good name for your business and product. Your names should be memorable and describe the kind of product you're offering. Names that rhyme are easy to remember. If you're selling information products you may want the word "publisher" in your business name. You also don't want your name to have any offensive words or phrases in it.
5. Solve your customers’ complaints by being quick and friendly. The faster you respond, the more your customers feel you care about them. You could set up a handy FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) list. You could also add more ways they contact you faster, like by e-mail, phone, web message system, fax, instant message, cell phone, etc.
6. Never think your customers are satisfied with their purchase. You should be constantly finding new ways to better your product and service. You could give the free surprise gifts, survey your customers, take all their opinions and questions seriously, set up focus groups to improve your product, etc.
7. Market yourself, as well as your product. You could write articles, e-books, do free consulting, do speaking engagements, etc. You could tell your prospects a little bit about your personal history too. You could tell them when you were born, where you grew up, tell them about your parents and other family members, etc.
8. Find new target audiences for your products or services. For example, if you're selling coffee to stores, try to sell it to coffee shops too. You should always be opening new profit streams for your business. Try to brainstorm new profit ideas at least once a week.
9. Use the phrase "invest in our product" instead of the words "buy" or "purchase". This makes prospects feel they're investing in their future if they buy. You could also tell people how much others have got back from your product by publishing testimonials of people who have made money or reaped the benefits.
10. Create offline affiliates to market your product. Have people sign up at your web site to sell your products through "house parties". You could have people taking their laptops to parties and selling through their affiliate links. They will get paid just like they would online.
11. Use logos and slogans for your business. They make it easier for people to remember and identify your business. For example, how many times have you had a problem and the first thing that popped into your mind is some business’ logo or slogan. It's almost like an automatic reaction.
12. Use the word "fast" in your ad. People want fast results, fast delivery, fast ordering, etc. Nowadays, we usually value our time more than our money. For example, you could say, "Our product works fast!" Another example, "Our product comes with fast shipping options."
13. Use the word "guaranteed" in your ad. People want to be assured they are not risking their hard-earned money buying your product. For example, you could say, "Our product comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee!" Another example would be, "Don't forget our product comes with a lifetime guarantee!"
14. Use the word "limited" in your ad. People want to own or receive things that are exclusive or rare because they are considered to be more valuable. For example, you could say, "This special edition will be limited to the first 500 who order!" Another example would be, "Order before (date) to get this limited version of our e-book!"
15. Use the word "easy/simple" in your ad. People want easy ordering, easy instructions, easy to use, easy payments, etc. For example, you could say, "It's the easiest way to lose weight!" Another example would be, "It's easy to order - just click here and fill out your information!"
16. Use the word "testimonial" in your ad. People want to see believable proof before they buy your product. It should be reputable and specific proof. For example, you could say, "Check the hundreds of testimonials we have received!" Another example would be, "All these testimonials below were given voluntarily without payment!"
17. Use the words "discount/sale" in your ad. People want to find bargains. They could be rebates, one time sales, percentage offers, get-one-free offers, etc. For example, you could say, "Get a 50% rebate if you order before (date)!" Another example would be, "Order before our buy-one-get-one-free sale ends!"
18. Use the word "free" in your ad. People want free incentives before they do business with you. They could be free books, accessories, services, etc. For example, you could say. " Free shipping with every order over $50!" Another example would be, "Order within the next 5 minutes to get 3 extra bonuses free!"
19. Use the words "you/your" in your ad. People want to know that you are talking to them. This'll make them feel important and attract them to read the whole ad. For example, you could say, "You could be the winner in our next contest!" Another example would be, "You are experiencing the benefits already, aren't you?"
20. Use the word "important" in your ad. People do not want to miss important information that could affect their lives. People will stop and take notice. For example, your headline could read, "Important Warning!..." Another example could be, "Important! Stop And Take Notice!..."
21. Use the word "new" in your ad. People want new products or services that will improve their lives like new information, tastes, technology, results, etc. For example, you could say, "Learn a new revolutionary way to lose weight!" Another example would be, "New! Just Released!..."
22. Show your prospects how much enthusiasm you have for your product and business. If you're convincing enough, they will be enthusiastic too. For example, you could say, "I'm so EXCITED about our new product!" Another example would be, "I can't wait for you to experience these benefits!"
23. End your sales letter or ad copy with a strong closing. It could be a free bonus, a discount price, a benefit reminder, an ordering deadline, etc. For example, you could say, "P.S. Remember, you'll get 5 bonuses valued at $245!" Another example would be, "P.S. Like mentioned earlier, if you order today you'll get 45% off!"
24. Please your complaining customers. You can refund their money, give them a discount, give them a free gift, solve the problem quickly, etc. For example, you could say, "I understand how you must feel, so I'm giving you a complete refund." Another example would be, "I’ve been in your shoes before. I'm going to give you a 50% discount on your next purchase."
25. Make your customers get excited about your business and they will tell their friends. Give them a free vacation certificate, a coupon, etc.
26. Give your prospects extra confidence so they will order. Use endorsements, testimonials, a strong guarantee or warranty, etc. For example, you could say, "I'm going to allow you to try out our product for a full 60 days without billing your card!"
27. Build your opt-in list by allowing your visitors to sign up for a free e-zine, e-books, software, contests, sweepstakes, etc. For example, you could say, "Subscribe to our free e-zine and get entry into our weekly contest!" Another example would be, "Sign up to our free newsletter and get 10 surprise bonuses!"
28. Give your prospects or customers a breath of fresh air. Don't be afraid to design your web site and ad copies to be different from everyone else’s. For example, you could apply a circus theme to your web site. Another example would be to design your web site like an e-book with a table of contents, title page, glossary, etc.
29. Allow your customers to get part of your total offer right after they order. If you have to ship the item, make one of your bonuses available online. For example, if you are selling a printed book, you could have an online version available for them to read right after they order.
30. Write and submit articles to e-zine publishers or webmasters. If you want it to be published, it should read like an article and not like an ad. You could also offer the publisher extra incentives like giving them a freebie, affiliate commissions, compliments, original content, etc.
Get This Massive Collection Of 'How To' SEO Training Videos That Show The Easy Ways To Increase Your Online Profits, now: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page15.html
Discover how to watch and learn while you sell & earn with this Massive Collection of Internet Business Training Videos: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page13.html
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission Drug Rehabilitation FORUM FREE Quality Content
Anne-Marie Ronsen is the author of many wealth and self development books. Download FREE e-books from http://www.e-bestsellers.com, http://www.plrbestsellers.com or http://www.universalpublishingltd.com ...You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You'll also discover FREE Premium content at http://www.ibestof.com/ and Manual Submission Directory at: http://www.webdirectorybank.com
Related Articles -
internet marketing, Get Targeted Traffic, Recession Tips, Online Business, Google Adsense,