The bathroom is a place of necessity, body maintenance and beautification, and at times it is a refuge from the rest of the world and a source of relaxation. It is surprising how much time people actually spend in this small room. That is why it is important to make this room feel spacious, organized, and unique to your personality. |
In order to accomplish these goals, we need to consider what goes in it. As far as products go, it changes with each individual, but generally you can find everything you need for hair care, face and skin care, oral hygiene, shaving products, eye care, make-up, and in some cases much more.
Many bathrooms also house multiple appliances such as curling irons, blow dryers, and chargers for toothbrushes and razors, etc. And let's not forget the essentials like toilet paper and towels. This is just a broad overview of items that might be found in the bathroom, but it can be agreed that this place is the home for a lot of stuff. But the ironic part is that in most cases the bathroom is the smallest room in the house.
This is why it is so important to establish an organization system using unique storage solutions as well as making the most out of your bathroom cabinetry. Here are some good ideas to make your bathroom organized and feel spacious, while reflecting your own style:
* Use vertical space. Because this place is generally smaller there isn't much floor space to but low cabinets and dressers along the perimeter of the room. When it comes to storage, people often forget about the top half of the walls. Install wall cabinets or make sure that the storage furniture you do have is tall.
* Make use of the corners. But there are some really attractive corner shelving systems that really utilize awkward and unused corners. When placing things on shelves, place them in attractive baskets first to avoid clutter.
* Organize using baskets within cabinet drawers. When there is no separation system within drawers, each drawer becomes a cluttered junk drawer where things get lost and are hard to find. Gather products and supplies of a similar task and place them in a basket or container that fits nicely within the drawer. You can buy boxes or baskets or make your own creative containers.
* Use the space behind the door. The door of the bathroom generally stays open unless in use, so it is a perfect place to hide a lot of items you use every day. Install racks to hang extra towels or hooks for jewelry or hair appliances. Try painting the back of the door with magnetic paint and then use magnetic trendy bin containers for small items that often get lost like earrings or bobby pins.
* Hide cords and appliances. When you have the option of installing your own cabinets, have an outlet installed within the cabinet where you plug in appliances such as curling irons and blow dryers. Also try installing tilt out bins for each appliance like those in salons.
This keeps hair tools accessible, yet it hides the cords well and keeps the bathroom clutter-free. If you must plug something in on a countertop, make sure you put it away as soon as you are done using it. Long cords are an eye sore.
* Use a shower caddy. Nothing screams clutter like a bath tub lined with bottles, razors, soap and other shower needs. Many creative types of in-the-shower shelving units are available as well as the standard shower caddies. Use them to decrease clutter.
* Keep it clean. Make sure there is a spot for everything and put all items back when you are done using something. The less cluttered you can keep your bathroom; the more spacious and organized your bathroom will feel.
When you're looking for a great custom bathroom design, Sarasota cabinetry firm will exceed your expectations. To explore their award-winning, showstopper designs, visit www.eurotechcabinetry.com
Related Articles -
bathroom design sarasota, bathroom remodeling bradenton, bathroom remodeling sarasota, cabinets bradenton,