You break into a sweat, your heart feels like its pounding out of your chest, you can't stop going to the bathroom and your muscles are tensed and ready for well, you don't know what for. Anxiety is something that everyone experiences at some point in their life. |
The degree to which their body reacts to stress varies from simple annoyance to completely disrupting your life. You may feel anxious about an upcoming event, project, conversation or you may not know why you are feeling anxious.
If your friends constantly call you a worry-wart because you are always anxious about something, maybe you should think about alleviating some of the symptoms by taking anxiety supplements. There are several options that can help calm your nerves and calms the mind. Here are some of the more common anxiety supplements:
* St. John's Wort-This is commonly used for improving the mood and treating mild depression. It acts as a mild sedative on the nervous system and stimulates the production of serotonin and dopamine. These are neurotransmitters that help with sleep and mood.
* Kava Kava-This is one of the most popular anxiety supplements in the market. Not only does it have a mild sedative effect, it also acts as a muscle relaxer. It helps in calming the mind, clearing the head and elevating the mood.
* Passion Flower-This herb helps with the racing heart symptom of anxiety. It also helps with sleeplessness and stress. Passion flower does this because it acts as a mild sedative for the nervous center. It can also be a gentle muscle relaxer when the body is tensed because of anxiety. It is sometimes combined with valerian root which has sedative properties.
* Frankincense-Used as oil extract from the tree, this anxiety supplement helps control fearful feelings and calms the mind, particularly for people who remain anxious about things that have already happened. It also improves the mood.
* Skullcup-This plant has a mild sedative effect on the central nervous system. Because of its direct effect on the nervous system, it helps alleviate tension and fatigue caused by nervousness.
* Lavender-Used as an aromatherapy treatment, lavender has long been used for its calming effects on the mind. It helps reduce stress and balance the mind, helping calm the anxiety causing it to race.
Before taking any over-the-counter medication, even if it is a natural supplement, make sure you check with the physician or pharmacist first.
Even all-natural herbs can interact with prescription medications you are currently taking. They can affect the efficacy and even cause an adverse reaction to the combination. For example, you should never take St. John's Wort or Kava Kava if you are already taking a prescribed anti-depressant. Talk to your doctor about your options to determine what might work for you.
If the problem is so severe, that you actually have a disorder then you may need additional medical treatment. You don't have to suffer the symptoms of your anxiety. Consider anxiety supplements to help you reclaim a more peaceful and less worrisome life.
Anxiety supplements help you calm your nerves and mind. Relax your way to better health and reclaim a more peaceful and less worrisome life with a doctor formulated, safe and non-addictive, natural supplement when you visit http://www.goodelements.com
Related Articles -
Anxiety Supplements, herbal supplements anxiety, anxiety vitamins, vitamins and anxiety,