The spine, which is a significant contributor to our ability to walk on two legs, is a complex interconnecting network of nerves, muscles and joints, tendons and ligaments. Unfortunately, the intricate combinations in the spine, can fall prey to malfunctioning. In the stressful modern world, with its large number of deskbond jobs, back pain of various levels of intensity is unfortunately all too common. Sometimes, the pain can migrate downwards to the legs, deepening the misery. Back problems can worsen to the point of no return, and often hamper our daily lives and productivity. A few simple exercises and lifestyle can help prevent the onset of back pain or manage it better.|
Some steps one can take are as follows:
1. Good posture is the single most effective deterrent against back problems. Sitting up straight allows the spinal cord to maintain its actual "S" shape, and not bear the additional load we put on it by slouching. Even when leaning, ensuring ergonomic furniture, especially at the workplace if long hours of sitting is a part of one's job description, would be tremendously helpful.
2. Slow, gentle stretches can help with back pain. This should be done in consultation with a medical practitioner, especially if one is already experiencing natural herbal supplements . Otherwise, the wrong type (and method of doing) exercises can worsen the pain instead of reducing it. Exercises can be especially useful in managing chronic pain.
3. If one has a deskbound job, regular short breaks to stand and stretch can help limber up the muscles and lower the possibilities of pain.
4. Losing weight if one is overweight or obese can help with back problems, since less weight means less strain on the spine. Again, one has to be careful with the kind of physical activities used in order to lose weight-one should always start out with gentle exercises and ease into a routine, with a few repeats of every exercise that can be increased gradually over a period of time.
5. Quitting smoking has multiple benefits, one of which is reducing back pain. Research has shown that smokers are more susceptible to back pain than nonsmokers.
6. Moderate physical activity throughout the day, and a good sleeping posture helps ensure that one's back and spine stay fighting fit.
If one is already experiencing back pain, one can
1. Apply a hot compress to the area.
2. Get a gentle massage done on the local area.
3. Painkillers can be used if the pain is very intense, but is usually not recommended.
If the pain persists or is extremely high intensity in nature, one is advised to consult a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes, back pain can be an indicator for underlying health issues, such as trauma, kidney stones, bowel problems etc. Sometimes, herbal supplements to reduce back pain may be necessary.
Back pain can be a debilitating experience. If one is vigilant, aware and willing to make a few lifestyle changes, it can be prevented or minimized.
This is good for lowering stress levels, and is a relaxing activity by natural health products .Another good excuse to go for a walk is to take your pet out for one.Most dogs tend to trot along at a fair pace, which could help set yours.One needs to try walking faster,which is also called brisk walking.For more information about this article please visit this site http://www.healthclients.com/
Related Articles -
natural herbal supplements, herbal supplements, natural supplements, natural health products,