Every day gourmet coffee drinkers all over the world know about the terrific taste and quality of licensed Jamacian Blue Mountain Coffee, but why this coffee is in such demand and why the prices can be so extravagant is something certain people may not really appreciate. |
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is only grown in the fertile and well drained soils of the Jamaican Mountains between 3,000 and 5,000 feet which produce it's exclusive qualities and superior demand. To make sure the coffee maintains it's superior quality standards it is regulated by the Jamaican Coffee Industry charter Act. The growing environment of this area produces some of the preferred coffee berries in the world, and when combined with their 6 week aging process provides a consistent product that cannot be duplicated.
How The Beans Are cultivated and Processed
One the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee berries are cultivated by the local farmers they are then sold to the Coffee Industry Board where they are subjected to numerous processes and tests to maintain the products reputation of world class quality. The coffee berries are put into large holding tanks and inspected to remove insect infested, over fermented, green or other low quality cherries. After approval the berries are then rinsed to remove the mucilage, which is the sugary layer on the outside of the bean. When this process is complete the bean remaining is commonly called the wet parchment.
In order to begin the drying process the wet parchment is then spread out across slabs of concrete. Depending on the weather of the season there may be a lack of sunlight in the area which slows the drying process and it can take up to 5 day to complete, and sometimes if there is persistent and heavy rains present they may be forced to accept large mechanical dryers to finish the drying process and ensure the accurate amount of mositure in the beans. .
Roasting & Exporting
Before the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee beans are put into the roasting process they have a blusih-green color to them. Once the beans are roasted they are exported to buyers around the world for some of the highest coffee prices on the market, and ironically very little of the coffee is consumed in Jamaica since almost all of it is exported.
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is classified into five different grades:
? Blue Mountain 1 ? Blue Mountain 2 ? Blue Mountain 3 ? Pea Berry ? Triage
The screen size, appearance, and defects are the variables that identify the grading classifications. Due to the Coffee Industry Boards strict standards and commitment to the highest quality only 2% of the coffee beans are chosen to have any defects the other 98% must meet the screening size which is a standard appearance to the beans.
Rest assured that once the beans are released for sale on the open market they are going to be some of the top gourmet coffee beans available. The combination of quality and uniqueness results in a smooth, mild tasting cup of coffee that provides a satisfying drinking experience for consumers around the world.
If you would like to learn more about Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Beans , or to get a great deal and buy some for yourself or as a gift you can stop by CoffeeForLess.Com and you can expect to see a premier selection of some of the highest quality coffees in the world.
Related Articles -
Jamaican Blue Montain Coffee, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Beans, Coffee, Coffee Beans,