Some people are born with the dark skin but sometimes there can be certain factors which can cause the skin of the person to become dark. Some of the common causes of dark skin are liver related disorder, heredity factors, malnutrition, and prolonged exposure to the sun, hormonal changes, certain medications, intestinal disorders and hemochromatosis. Some of the common symptoms of dark skin are light or dark brown patches on the skin, blemishes on face and difference in skin tone. |
There are several remedies for dark skin which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for dark skin which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective remedies for dark skin is to use potato. All you need to do is take a potato and cut it into slices. Now apply these slices on the affected region of your body. Regular use of this home remedy will lighten your skin tone.
2. Gram flour is considered to be one of the most efficient remedies for dark skin. All you need to do is mix gram flour with raw milk and few drops of lime juice. Now apply this mixture on your skin and wait for fifteen minutes. Later wash with water. Practice this home remedy for four weeks and after that you can use this home remedy once in a week.
3. Mix curd, oatmeal and tomato juice together. Now use this mixture on your face and wait for twenty minutes. Later you can wash with cold water. This is one of the most capable remedies for dark skin.
4. Make a fine paste by mixing lime juice and turmeric powder. Apply this paste on your skin and wait for a while. Later wash with normal water. Lime will act as a natural bleaching agent and will make your skin lighter.
5. You can even use a mixture of aloe vera, milk and turmeric powder to treat dark skin. All you have to do is mix aloe vera pulp with one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of milk. Make them into a fine paste and then apply it on your skin. Wait for fifteen minutes and then wash with water. This is one of the most capable remedies for dark complexion.
6. Do not eat oily and heavy foods. It is very beneficial to consume fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole cereals and pulses on regular basis.
7. Coconut oil is considered to be one of the most helpful home remedies for dark complexion. You can massage your face with coconut oil three times in a week for good results.
8. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and is considered to be one of the most valuable home remedies for dark complexion. Daily application of this oil will repair your damaged tissues and will make your skin look smooth.
These were some of the most versatile home remedies for dark complexion which are simple, safe and cost-effective.
Read about Home Remedies for Dark Skin. Also know Home Remedies for Dry Skin. Read about Home Remedies for Dry, Cracked, Chapped Lips.
Related Articles -
home remedies for dark skin, home remedies for dark complexion, dark complexion remedies, dark skin remedies, dark skin home remedies, home remedy for,