Cuts and scrapes often occur when you are busy doing our regular household activities. You can’t really spare yourself from cuts and bruises even though you remain highly cautious and careful while performing your day to day activities. At home, cuts and scrapes generally occur when you are involved in activities like playing, working in the kitchen, repairing of electrical goods and other appliances, gardening, cleaning, and a whole lot of other activities. While there is possibly no way of staying hundred percent safe, it is important for you to know the proper treatment procedure that is required after you cut or wound yourself at home accidentally.
The important thing to keep in mind is to provide immediate treatment in cases of cuts and injuries, so as to reduce the chances of contacting an infection. Skin acts as a natural shield and protects your body from the harmful germs and dangerous compounds that your body comes in physical contact with. When you cut yourself, you are directly exposed to the harmful microbes and chemical compounds existing in the environment thus increasing the chances of infection. It therefore becomes important for you to immediately treat the cut or the wound so as to stop the invasion of harmful foreign materials. Below mentioned are some important remedies and health tips that will provide you relief from the pain caused by cuts and other injuries at home and also help in the quick healing of the affected area.
Here are some Home Remedies for Cuts and Scrapes:
1. Cold water as a remedy: One of the best remedy for providing instant relief from pain caused by cuts and burns is by keeping the area under running tap water. By doing so for 4 to 5 minutes you can get instant relief from the pain and the area gets cleaned for treatment procedures.
2. Honey: Honey has many beneficial enzymes and applying it on cuts and minor wounds provide a soothing effect and enables fast healing. It keeps the wounded area moisturized and the sugar present in it kills microbes and other germs.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a common decorative house plant that is also known for its amazing health benefits. Apply the gel found in the leaves of the plant on cuts and burns covering with a bandage if necessary and witness the amazing soothing and healing effect in a short while.
4. Marigold Flower Paste: Calendula commonly known as marigold possesses good antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities. Crush up a handful of marigold flowers with water to make a paste and apply it on cuts and injuries.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric paste can also be applied for that instant relief and fast healing of the wound.
6. Potato: Scrape of the raw potato meat and apply on burned areas as it instantly relieves you from pain and enables quick healing.
7. Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, effects along with being incredibly soothing that promotes fast healing and recovery. Applying it on scrapes not only provides a soothing effect but also disinfect the wounded region.
Besides the above mentioned remedies, always make sure that you have a proper first aid box in your home. Keep all the necessary items like bandages, dressings and sterile (applied directly on the wound), band-aids, antiseptic, adhesive tapes, scissors, tweezers, cotton swab, and a variety of other items. The above mentioned remedies are homeopathy based treatments and in case of severe cuts and wounds it is recommended that you seek proper medical treatment.
Article Source: Scrapes and Cuts
Doctors Health Press is a leading source of general health advice and health news. Our health newsletter provides natural health advice and herbal remedies for different diseases and conditions.
Related Articles -
cuts and injuries, infection, health tips, Home Remedies, pain, Honey, Aloe Vera, Turmeric, Lavender oil,