With the cost of living constantly on the rise, more and more homeowners are choosing to purchase a used ride on mower over a brand new one, simply because this is the cheapest option. There is, however, nothing wrong with buying used, as it is possible to get your hands on a mower that is still in excellent quality and working condition with very little effort.
So, where on earth can you find some used ride on’s for sale?
- Online auction websites, like eBay and Gumtree, are generally full of potential buys. Just make sure that you focus on auctions that are close by to where you live; you don’t want to be traipsing all over the country to pick up a mower.
- Classified advertisements, including those in the Trading Post and your local newspapers, are also a great way to find local-based mowers. As these sales aren’t based on auction, you may also have a little bit of time to organise an inspection.
- Online forums could also be worth a little investigation. Many gardening enthusiasts will post that they are selling a mower (or other piece of gardening equipment) or will be able to tell you where you can pick up a great one used.
Now that you have found a used ride on mower that you are interested in, how do you tell that you are making the right choice? There are actually a number of questions that you can ask:
- Have you had to replace any parts? How much did this cost? The answer to this question will give you some information on which parts of the mower are relatively new.
- Why are you selling? Believe it or not, most sellers aren’t actually expecting you to ask this question. It can be useful, however, if you are trying to trip up someone who you think is doing a bit of a dodgy.
- How often does the mower need to be serviced? Where should I get this done? If the seller is able to confidently answer your questions, you can rest assured that the machine has been looked after.
- How much does the mower cost to run? As well as finding out how much petrol is needed for a full tank, you should ask about oils and other associated costs.
Making the decision to purchase a used ride on mower does not mean that you will be left with some rust bucket that falls apart the first time you start it up; by doing your research and asking all the right questions, you can actually be left with a mower that is of great quality and can meet your needs nicely.
Melbourne’s Mower Centre - The RedShed Super Stores. They provide high end chainsaws and riding mowers in Melbourne, Vic. Melbourne’s Mower Centre also deals in long lasting electric hedge trimmer and log splitters in Melbourne.
Related Articles -
ride on mower, ride on mowers, mowers, mowers Melbourne,