Many people visit their doctor when they are suffering with pain of any sort. In some cases, the doctor will refer you to a chiropractor for treatment but you could consider going to see one instead of your doctor. Chiropractors spend many years learning about the function of the spine and its relationship to the nervous system and all the others bones, joints and muscles in the body. They are highly trained and undergo several years of education before being able to sit for their DC degree. |
Chiropractors are different from doctors in that they do not prescribe painkillers or drugs of any kind. They provide a strictly natural hands-on approach to healing that includes a full examination and a personalised treatment plan. They use many different techniques and are qualified to carry out therapeutic and rehabilitative treatment. They can also provide nutrition and lifestyle advice where it is needed although they will not prescribe any dietary supplements.
Here we are going to take a look at some of the conditions that a chiropractor can treat:
• Persistent headaches, either with a throbbing or sharp pain; migraines and sensitivity to light and sound and a restriction in neck movements that can either be a contributing factor or a symptom of headaches.
• Herniated disk. Although they symptoms will be different depending on which disk is affected, symptoms usually include lower back pain, numbness, muscle spasms or leg pain.
• Pain, stiffness and swelling of joints.
• Trapped nerves, normally accompanied by a very sharp pain, pins and needles and possible weakness in the muscles.
• Sciatica, which is evidenced by a sharp pain running from the buttocks to the leg.
• Fibromyalgia. The symptoms for this are widespread and long lasting pain, muscle fatigue, tender spots, and stiffness in the mornings or after waking, possible short-term memory problems and headaches.
• Scoliosis. This is where the spine is curved, usually to one side and there is a height difference in the shoulders or hips.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which is a very painful condition affecting the hands.
Left untreated these conditions will only get worse and may start to lead to other, neurological, tissue and organ problems.
One benefit of using a chiropractor is that they do not prescribe drugs or carry out any surgical procedures, preferring instead a natural hands-on method. The techniques that they use are specific and focus on certain parts of the body. One of the most common techniques is spinal manipulation, to correct misalignment. Misalignment is responsible for a great deal of different painful conditions and many can be relieved in this manner, with just a couple of visits to the chiropractor. They are looking to restore function to the nervous system, joints and muscles, which give you, back your control. This all has the effect of reducing any swelling and pain and allowing for recovery in a virtually pain free manner.
Life is stressful enough without the addition of pain and suffering. Making the decision to visit a chiropractor could be the best investment of your time and money that you will ever make.
Are you looking for more information on chiropractor bloomington? Visit http://www.chiropractorbloomington.net for more information.
Related Articles -