Hair loss is a troublesome problem that affects about 55 million Americans. It can be embarrassing and even lead to insecurity and self-doubt in some instances. Hair loss, also known as alopecia, has three main causes: Medical, Physical, and Nutritional. Medical Causes |
• There are many medical conditions that can cause or contribute to hair loss. Some of them include: diabetes, anemia, and overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism). Others include an autoimmune disease called Lupus Erythematosus and Tinea Capitis which is ringworm of the scalp. Hypervitaminosis A, a condition where the body has an abundance of vitamin A, can also cause hair loss.
• Hormones play an important part in the vitality of your hair. The hair relies on certain types of hormones to stimulate and regulate growth. Women who are pregnant, have just reached menopause, or are experiencing irregular menstrual cycles may find that their hair suffers because of it.
• Other factors attributed to hair loss include the use of certain medications including, but not limited to, steroids and chemotherapy. Common illnesses and trauma can also play an active role.
• The physical causes of hair loss are the ones we tend to bring upon ourselves. They may include excessive combing, straightening, frequent shampooing and using harsh hair products. Direct heat from hair straighteners and blow dryers are known to cause hair breakage and damage. Also over-brushing or brushing too harshly can cause abrasions, hair breakage and split ends.
• The hairstyles we choose often times contribute to hair loss. Cornrows, perms, tight ponytails or braids can cause damage if done frequently or incorrectly. Pulling the hair tightly can cause strain and breakage.
• Next is stress. Stress has a damaging effect on the health of the whole body and, believe it or not, is also one of the main contributing factors in hair loss and scalp problems. Traumatic events, loss of a loved one, accidents, or bad illness are all known to cause hair loss too.
• Poor nutrition is one of the leading factors that cause loss of hair. Vitamin B in whole grains is vital for preventing loss of hair and vitamin C in fruits is crucial for development of hair follicles. Healthy fats such as olive, coconut, and vegetable oils promote hair growth. Proper hydration is important. Hair needs water for it to grow properly. Protein is a building block that is needed by the body. As a matter of fact, hair in itself is protein, and this means that one must have a sufficient level of protein in their body for proper hair growth. Therefore, consuming a proper diet is vital for the healthy growth of hair.
Losing your hair can be an emotional and often time’s traumatic experience. There are many alternatives out there to try and fix the problem ranging from wearing hats, to creams , to medications, to the even more costly hair transplant approach. Whatever choice you make for you situation be sure it is the right one for you. , I know of a system that stops hair loss and allows you to regrow hair the natural way. Let me help you receive a fuller, healthier head of hair. Visit my web site: Total Hair Regrowth
Related Articles -
hair loss, loss of hair, hair regrowth, regrowing hair, natural hair regrowth, ha,