Popularly known as “Paradise on Earth” Kashmir has often been compared to Switzerland for its scenic beauty. Surrounded by the Himalayan Range on the north and Pir Panchal on the south Kashmir has a lot to offer to the tourists from snow capped mountains, hills, valleys, forests, lush green gardens, orchards, rivers, lakes, etc. Given below are some of the popular sightseeing places included in Kashmir honeymoon packages. |
Places of Interest
1. Dal Lake - Dal lake is the most famous lake and one of the popular tourist attractions included in Kashmir honeymoon packages. You will find over 500 houseboats in Dal Lake. Dal lake is connected to several other lakes in the Kashmir valley. You can catch a glimpse of the historic Shankara Charya hill in the east and west Hari Parbat.
2. Gulmarg - It is a beautiful hill station at an altitude of 2690m above sea level surrounded by pine forests in the Pir Pranjal basin. It is also known as the “Meadow of Flowers” is a popular tourist attraction included in Kashmir honeymoon packages. Gulmarg is also famous for golfing. The 18-hole Gulamrg Golf Club is very famous golf club that attracts golfers during summers in Kashmir. Tourists can also enjoy here fun filled rides in the newly constructed gondola lift ferries.
3. Sonmarg - It is a small town having some of the nicest lakes and amazing green grasslands. It is from here that you can catch the panoramic view of the snow covered mountains of Ladakh. It is also known as the “Meadow of Gold”. Pony rides are available that will take you to Thajiwas glacier. Sonmarg is a popular tourist attraction included in Kashmir honeymoon packages.
4. Pahalgam - Located 95km east of Srinagar along the banks of Lidder river it is the base of trekking camps to Kolohoi Glacier, Amarnath, Zanskar and Kargil. There are many sight seeing places around Pahalgam. The meadows of Baisaran and Chandanwari which is the starting point of Amarnath Yatra are worth a mention. There are 8 little villages within Pahalgam out of which Mamal is quite famous. There is also an old Shiva temple here.
5. Shalimar Bagh - It is also known as the “Abode of Love”. It was earlier a village built by built by Paravarassna II. You can catch an enchanting view of Dal Lake from this garden. The garden comprises of 4 terraces laid one above the other. There is a canal that runs through the garden and also has a natural spring of pure, cool and sparking water known as Chasma- Shahi (Royal Spring).
6. Parimahal - It was the school of astrology built by Dhara Shikua, Shah Jahan’s eldest son for his tutor Mulah Shah.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned places of interest in an around Kashmir will be an enjoyable and delightful experience for honeymooners.
Read about Kashmir Honeymoon Packages. Also know Kerala Honeymoon Packages. Read about Khajuraho Honeymoon Packages.
Related Articles -
kashmir honeymoon packages, honeymoon packages for kashmir, popular tourist attractions in kashmir, tourist attractions in kashmir,