The chief attraction and charm of Goa tourism has always been the beaches. Everyone just wants to be at the beach and enjoy the chilled out atmosphere and indulge in water sports. It is for this reason that tourists always look for beach side Goa resorts. |
However, due to the rush for the beach resorts the beauty and charm of rivers often gets ignored. If you wish to stay in a resort overlooking the meandering river and lush hills, this guide will help you pick the perfect hotel for you. There are numerous riverside Goa resorts that not only offer spectacular views of the surroundings but are apt for enjoying a wonderful retreat. Some of the most popular riverside resorts are as follows:
1. Britona Riverside Resort – An initiative of Goa Tourism, this resort is a collection of cottages just across the river Mandovi. The area around has lush green trees and a free ferry ride will bring you to main Goa. It is more suited for large families.
2. Wildflower Villas – It is a hilly boutique resort overlooking the Sinquerim River and the Aguada bay. Each cottage is built in typical Goan style giving it an authentic feel. Blue skies, green paddy fields, a gushing river and a well manicured garden will be your only views from this beautiful property.
3. Mandovi Hotel and Resort – Located in the heart of the capital city of Goa, this is one of the popular Goa Resorts. It overlooks the Mandovi River. It is ideal for tourists as it is situated right in the middle of all tourist attractions in Goa. It offers both deluxe and standard rooms.
4. Riverside Regency Resort – Situated on the banks of the Baga River (at the point where the river meets the sea), this Goa resort enjoys a perfect location as it is close to both the river and the Baga beach. There is a pool for guests and even fishing in the river for those who wish to.
5. Riverside Resort – A budget resort on the banks of the Baga river. All rooms in this resort overlook the river and the rooms have been made in typical Goan style. It is a family run hotel just 5 minutes away from the famous Baga Beach.
6. Hotel Riverside – This is also one of the popular Goa resorts situated by the Baga River, this 24 room hotel is surrounded by palm trees and paddy fields. It also has a poolside bar.
7. Safira Riverfront Resort – This Goa resort is located in North Goa on the banks of the Chapora river. It is also very close to the Morjim beach which is famous for Olive Ridley turtles. This boutique resort enjoys a relaxed atmosphere of the neighbouring Morjim Village, with it’s rustic and quaint houses. You will enjoy a complete village experience here while still being close to modern amenities.
All these riverside resorts will present a different picture of Goa tourism to you. You will discover the rivers which are the lifeline of Goa. These resorts are a good option to stay as you get to enjoy the best of both worlds, the quiet riverfront and the roaring beach just a few minutes away.
Related Articles -
Goa Tourism, Goa Resorts, Resorts in Goa, Goa Travel Guide,