FRP tray systems have established themselves as extremely useful products for industrial purposes. Such cable trays are made up of Fiber-Reinforced Plastic (FRP). When fibers are reinforced with a polymer matrix, the resultant is a composite product known as FRP. The fibers include aramid, basalt, carbon and glass. However, sometimes fibers like asbestos, wood or paper are also utilized. FRPs are widely used in diverse industrial sectors like construction, marine, automotive band aerospace industries.
Cable tray systems of fiberglass possess a load capacity that is equal to that of steel. Pultrusion technology helps the tray systems to attain several inherent characteristics like corrosion resistance, non-magnetic and non-conductive. Such characteristics lead to the reduction in shock hazards and increase the transparency of the cable trays to microwaves, radar and radio waves.
Fibreglass Cable Trays have an Edge over Steel Alternatives
1. Such tray systems have outstanding resistance to weathering due to harmful, UV radiations.
2. To protect the rays against harmful materials, additives are included in the resin mixtures.
3. The products are easy to install even in hazardous situations. They are also quite cost-effective. The tray systems can be drilled easily and can be cut by employing simple hand tools. They do not require being earthed, painted, deburred and filled.
4. Such systems are not structurally deformed even when subjected to extremely heavy weights.
5. They have insulating properties and are highly resistant to chemicals and corrosion. They often come with a UV veil, which ensures no maintenance requirement.
6. They are electrically non-conductive, which makes them suitable to be used in electrical industries, power plants and sub stations.
7. Strength and sturdiness is another useful property of such systems. They also have good longevity.
8. Being light in weight, these systems can be carried easily and can also be installed easily.
9. They are not affected by harsh weather conditions and are also fire resistant. This makes them suitable to be used in industries which involve extremely high temperatures.
Such tray systems are used in a number of industries like: Chemical industries, marine industries, food and drug industries, effluent treatment plants, thermal power plants, off shore oil platforms, fertilizer plants and refineries plants.
Fibreglass cable tray systems have outstanding durability , performance and quality. What make them ideal to be used in the adverse conditions of industries are their properties like anti-static nature, fire resistance, weather proof nature, impact resistance, light weight and mechanical strength. They are almost maintenance free and are cost effective solutions. Though problems do not occur with them easily, but still in case of any problems, they can be repaired quite easily.
Nowadays, you can find many types of cable tray systems. They also come in perforated style. Perforated tray systems made of fibregalss can be designed as anti-corrosive, if required by the application. You can find them in any color, wall thickness and size, as per your requirement.
The favorable properties of cable tray systems made of Fibreglass make them ideal to be implemented in industrial applications. Investing in such products is certainly a long term investment. They are superior alternatives to metallic cable tray systems.
Nicholas Ryan is a well known author writes articles on FRP Products like Fibreglass cable tray and several topics. He contributes his writing for the website Fibreglasscableladder.com.au.
Related Articles -
Fibreglass Cable Tray, Fibreglass bolts,