Currently the trend to get certification in a management program is on the rise due to the fact it accouters the professional with the knowledge and skills to manage a process, project or technology effectively. More importantly, it helps a professional to climb up the corporate ladder or get a high salaried job. Since there is a score of certification exams, it becomes difficult to decide which certification exam is apt to go for. To help professionals to arrive at a decision on which certification program to opt for, we have listed down a few top management certification programs and given an overview about them. |
PMI’s PMP training & certification
The Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is one of the management programs which is always on demand, valued and given a high consideration during recruitment. By enrolling for a PMP certification program, a professional learns to manage various phases of a project such as Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing. It follows the methodology as per management norms like ISO 9000 and is based on the guidelines of Project Management Body of Knowledge, also known as PMBOK Guide, formulated by Project Management Institute (PMI).
APMG-International’s ITIL Certification
APMG-International’s ITIL-- Information Technology Infrastructure Library – UK, is a technology management certification program. Its content is structured to impart knowledge to the professionals with which they can identify the missing key technological elements and incorporate them in the existing project to propel a project’s output to the greater heights.
As per a report, professionals having ITIL certification received $122,000, on an average. On the other hand, on an average, Service Manager with ITIL certification got $125,000, in US.
Various ITIL® Training and certifications programs are:
1. ITIL® Foundation certification
2. ITIL® Managing across the Lifecycle (MALC) certification
3. ITSM certification
4. ITIL® Intermediate RCV certification
5. ITIL® Expert certification
6. ITIL® Intermediate CSI certification
7. ITIL® Intermediate SS certification
8. ITIL® Intermediate SO certification
9. ITIL® Intermediate OSA certification
10. ITIL® Intermediate SD certification
11. ITIL® Intermediate SOA certification
12. ITIL® Intermediate PPO certification
13. ITIL® Intermediate ST certification
Microsoft Professional 2013
Microsoft Professional 2013 is a product of Microsoft Corporation – USA. It has been designed to render professionals with the knowledge and competence to explore all aspects and processes of a project right from resources to investment cost to deadline to progress track.
Overview: Features of Microsoft Professional 2013
1. Interoperability: Allows different projects to communicate with Project Server database on the Internet or common resource pool.
2. Allows to schedule and manage projects
3. Schedule Project Timeline
4. SharePoint 2013 synchronization
5. Allows to conducts what-if analysis
6. Track resource’s progress and spot problems in the project
7. Project Graphical Reports
8. Allows to track path of different tasks
9. Allows easy sharing
Due to its ability to offer a host of useful features to manage a project, it is one of the commonly used products and hence certified Training in MS Project 2013 will help professionals to stand out from the crowd and stand a better chance to get promoted or land with a lucrative managerial job.
Related Articles -
PMP training & certification, ITIL Certification, certified Training in MS Project 2013,