Every car owner should know what happens during car servicing. Car servicing is the routine maintenance on your car by the manufacturer or any trusted local garage with cheap car servicing deals. These routine visits are very important in maintaining your car's overall condition to ensure it is always safe to drive or ride in. A full car service are done every year unless the car sustains any urgent repairs. Mechanics perform a series of checks correctly and thoroughly, which can take two to four hours or longer for you to wait on. After a careful assessment of the vehicle, mechanics explain what the existing issues are (if any) and suggest what solutions need to be carried out. Here is a short checklist to serve as a basic guide for your next minor or major vehicle service. |
1. Checking the vehicle history with the car owner Mechanics ask owners what previous services were done with the car in the past. If parts were replaced, let the mechanic know about it. Share any comments or recommendations regarding any service you are particular or concerned with.
2. Checking lighting and other electrical components Mechanics may start with the interiors first. They check if the interior warning lights are working without any glitch. They ensure if the interior and exterior lights and switches are all operational.
3. Checking other interior components. This would include checking the condition of the seatbelts, seats, steering wheel, and handbrake.
4. Checking the exteriors such as bodywork, mirrors and trims Buying a vehicle is a huge investment for some owners so checking the bodywork for any scratches, even the tiniest ones, are important. A minor paint job will do the trick but in some cases, like dents, rusting, or huge cracks, mechanics may do a bit of welding work to restore the area. Missing or broken side mirrors are replaced or fixed.
5. Checking oil and other fluids needed to be topped up or refilled Oil filters are checked and changed depending on its state. Oil, which acts as a lubricant for the car's working gears, are topped up. Other essential fluids that keeps the car running smoothly are refilled. These include the windscreen washer fluid (water), brake fluid, and power steering.
6. Checking doors and windows Mechanics check for any loose or creaking door hinges. These hinges are either tightened or lubricated. They also ensure if the windows open and close without any problems.
7. Checking everything under the hood The car engine is the heart of the machine so it needs to always work on its optimum condition. The engine and gearbox mounts are checked for wear. Mounts need to be stable since it holds the engine in place and separate from the other parts. The cooling fan is examined and the engine oil is replaced.
Related Articles -
car servicing, car servicing singapore,