Arabic language is a popular language in the world, speaking by more than 35 countries and a growing language due to international relationship between Middle East Asia and western world. It is also the prime language many North African and East African countries. In a professional world, Arabic speakers have great demand in organizations dealing with militaries, intelligence services, career in interpreters and others. |
However, Arabic is a challenge because the script initially looks too complicated, especially for people who don't have any experience in Asian language. Arabic pronunciation is also tough because many sounds in Arabic are not found in most other languages. Still there is hope to learn this language because it is a beautiful language and second, one can learn the language by imitating a native speaker.
Challenges of Arabic language
• Arabic script is tough and complicated at first glance. The pronunciations and sounds are too distinct from English or European languages.
• Another challenge of Arabic is that it is far different from Indo-European languages, and its grammar is morphologically different from others. The word order, verb tenses are different.
• The difficult part of learning Arabic is diglossia, which means two different variety of languages spoken by native speakers of one language.
• Learning Arabic language is not a casual affair, but it needs a discipline, love for the language and a strong motive.
Technique for learning Arabic language
Learning Arabic language is a rewarding experience, but it is also a big challenge for multilingual speakers. The language is completely different from most of the Indo-European languages and the history and culture are entirely different. Although there is no easy way out, still there are techniques that help to learn the language more conveniently.
• A conventional way of learning Arabic is to interact with native speakers. It is the most effective way to learn the language.
• Learn the basic Arabic language first, though most of the people speak a different way of Arabic that is entirely different from classical language, still learning the classical way is the best method to grasp the language.
• There are many crash courses available online that gives you elementary idea about the language. Learning Arabic needs patience and perseverance and if you can understand whether you can continue with the language while learning Arabic online
• If your relatives or friends stay in Arab world, start writing them in Arabic and try to converse in Arabic.
• Since learning Arabic language is a complicated and time consuming affair, the best approach is taking 'kid learning' technique. It is a learning method by using a variety of fun techniques that stimulate your mind scientifically and work on different aspects of your brain such as visual, aural, analytical and creative faculty.
• Watching Arabic music, reading Arabic language can also enrich your language skills. Of course, it is a secondary method, after you learn the elementary language.
• You can involve in language exchange program where you can offer your language and learn Arabic from an Arab. Learning the language from a native speaker will give boost to your learning in a short span of time.
Author's bio - Mike Doey is a professional language consultant working from last 20 years in this field. He is well-versed in Arabic language as well as Hindi and Urdu. In addition, he also teaches Spanish and Portuguese to his students. According to him, learning Arabic can only be possible if you develop love for this language.
Related Articles -