Learn More Here. |
If Facebook is like a fan club for your business, you can see Twitter as a tailgate party with kezillions of guests. It has incredible potential for businesses to find their target market, reach out to them, and go viral.
You only have 140 characters at your disposal, so you have no choice to be precise and to the point. This is refreshing and you should use it to your advantage. Visitors can scroll through hundreds of Tweets in minutes, so you have to stand out. People use Twitter to get a snapshot of what is going on in the world. It is like a bunch of newspaper headlines in one place, but you decide what you are interested in beforehand.
Because of its immediacy, twitter is the platform on which news spreads the fastest. Whenever something important happens, Twitter erupts with activity. As a result it offers one of the best opportunities to go viral. Going viral ONCE can explode your business, so it is a very big deal.
So how do we attract these followers? Even though you are limited to 140 characters, Twitter allows you to make comments, post photos, videos, slideshows and links to other websites. So it is a fast and easy way to get services and products in front of a lot of people. It is one of the most immediate forms of communication ever created.
To get twice the value of your Tweets , make sure you link to your Facebook page and vica versa. You can set this up on either site, just follow the instructions. This way everything you post on Facebook will automatically post to Twitter. You can really put this method on steroids by going to Onlywire.com ,you can register on over 50 social media sites and post to all of them at once with the click of a button.
When you start out on Twitter you can find friends, family and old customers by searching. Find as many as possible and follow them. Then go to their profile and see who they are following and who follows them. Follow as many of these people as possible. Whenever you follow someone they get a notification, a lot of people automatically follow you back when they get the notification. Build targeted followers like this every day. Put some time aside to follow people on Twitter as part of your daily routine.
You want to build a huge list of people with an interest in your niche, and you can use hashtags (#) to find these people. Search for tweets about your niche. If you are in the golf niche you can search for example #golf , #PGA and #TigerWoods. Go to the profiles of the people who tweeted and commented on these Tweets and follow them if they have a lot of followers. Some will follow you back, others won’t , just keep at it. Now everytime you tweet they will see it and they might even retweet it. Twitter will show you what is “trending” at any given time, if you’re niche is trending for any reason, it is a good time to send more Tweets, because more people will see it. You want to get your message infront of as many people as possible.
You don’t want to constantly sell to your followers, instead you can find some interesting articles on your niche. Copy and Paste the URL and Tweet it. For example: “Putting tips from the pros” staying with the golfing niche. By tweeting interesting and helpful stuff, you will attract more followers organically. Another good strategy is to Tweet quotes and jokes about your niche, everybody loves humor and people tend to retweet jokes more than other things. End the joke with #(your niche) . This way more people can find it.
Continue building your list of followers by doing the following :
• Make it easy for people to find you on Twitter. Add your Twitter link to everything you do on the internet. E-mails, blogs, articles, Facebook posts etc.
• Follow your followers. This will increase your reach faster.
• Always reply to people who send you tweets.Twitter will inform you whenever you get a message. Always reply, but if the person is being negative for no reason just let it go.
• Remember to entertain and inform, don’t always sell. You want your followers to look forward to your Tweets. If you annoy them they will unfollow you in a heartbeat.
• If one of your followers tweet something interesting remember to retweet it. Chances are that next time you tweet something they will return the favor.
• Get involved in the discussion when you find an interesting tweet. Reply and give useful insights.
• Put your followers into lists according to their likes and niches. This way you can send relevant tweets to the different groups. Twitter makes it easy to put followers in lists.
• People want to know what you are thinking, so give your opinion. Don’t just always state what you are doing or what you are eating. That’s not why people follow you, except if you are a celebrity of course.
• Don’t start a tweet with “@” . This is the first character in users’ address, so if you start with @JohnDoe, ONLY he will see the tweet.
Have fun and build that list, but remember, never spam when you market on Twitter. The right way is the best way when it comes to marketing on any social media platform.
Join Us At Facebook
Related Articles -
market, on, twitter, without, spamming,