With a traditional construction job, the contractor performing the actual construction and installation work on a project is a separate entity from the contractor creating the specifications of the project. Disconnect can occur with the multiple parties working to perform different services. The design-build concept involves a single team responsible for both the design and the construction of the project, enabling increased cohesion and a superior finished result. |
Streamlining the Process
When one team works on the entire scope of a job, streamlined efficiency generally occurs. One team is responsible for the entire scope of service beginning from the initial concept through to the finished product being constructed and installed on site. It's typical for design-build workers to complete work faster with fewer issues and problems occurring that can delay the finished work.
With the streamlined process, it's likely that you will find the finished price of this method to be lower than with traditional methods. In fact, it's common for the final price with design-build methods to be as much as 10 percent less than with traditional design methods.
* The cohesive process generally produces enhanced final results. The professionals working in this field are experts in both architecture and construction, giving them an expertise in the entire process so they understand exactly how structures go together. It's also common for these professionals to have an expertise in structural engineering.
* This construction method often involves the client in the project to a higher degree than with traditional projects. This involvement can ensure full satisfaction with the final product, because the client works with the team throughout the entire process. If anything occurs or comes up that requires client input or decisions, the client can supply this immediately. Clients often have positive feelings of pride and accomplishment from this degree of participation in a job. Customer satisfaction generally results in positive reviews for a company, also.
* Honest and ongoing communication is a hallmark of design-build construction. The entire team works together to complete the process, communicating throughout each step so everyone remains apprised of progress and developments.
* With everyone working together and communicating effectively, the entire team has accountability for the end result of the job. No one can claim ignorance about any aspect of the project with this type of construction method. This means that everyone has first-hand knowledge and accountability for the schedule, the pricing, the design phase, the construction phase, and all costs and allowances.
* Warranty issues and litigation claims are also less prevalent with this type of approach due to fewer issues with warranty gaps and higher customer satisfaction.
For the best results with a design-build project, the members of the team should have an extensive and proven track record of success. It can take time for professionals to learn how to work together and communicate effectively with respect and trust between every expert. Examine finished projects of the team you consider hiring to ensure that the professionals produce a winning result with satisfied clients.
San Francisco residents interested in design-build concept turn to Roebbelen Contracting, Inc. Learn more at http://www.roebbelen.com/services/design-build/.
Related Articles -
design-build, san, francisco,