The fresh HeroISL, India's exclusive football league is going to launch from 12 October 2014, and while the football fans gears up for this competition, here is everything you should know about it.
Bringing Indian football out of sleep
The ISL was brought to life in 2013 after noticing that many Indians are passionate about football, but unfortunately, have no national soccer competition with International prestige to see. The Indian Super League aims to turn this around.
It will have eight franchise teams, owned from people and companies across the country. The league will take off in October and end in December.
The 8 teams that will compete in this competition are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, assisted by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, assisted by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, assisted by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, assisted by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, practiced by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, assisted by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, assisted by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their clubs, each club will have to sign:
· At least seven foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the squad and 5 will be from the foreign player draft;
· One marquee player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a star player;" and
· 14 Hindustani homegrown players, four of which have to be local players from the city the squad belongs to.
Celebrity Who's who in the HeroISL
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be shown exclusively on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the title sponsor; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the club North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC outfit, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC team, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City club, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa squad. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC club and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata squad.
Every year, the league would be played between October and December. Each club will play against all other outfits twice on a home-and-away basis. The top 4 teams will decide in the finals.
Investing in the team
Club owners' investments in the HeroISL are worth having a look. Different clubs have financed a lot to buy foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of money and international attention towards the HeroISL, this is surely a league you would not want to miss! Possibly a surge to bring football in Hindustan to a higher level!
Do you want to have more information about Indian Super League and the clubs like Mumbai City FC?
You can grab information in relation to the newest headlines touching Mumbai City FC here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It was truly hard because there are a lot fanpages to choose from. But this is by far the best site for all your Mumbai City FC related news!
Related Articles -
ISL Teams, Indian Football, HeroISL,