The teams are set and the Super Bowl is a couple of weeks away! Are you wondering why your husband doesn't spend as much time working on your relationship than he does watching his favorite football team?|
January has been referred to as "the divorce month" for a few reasons and one may be the realization that he will never love you the way you need to be loved or as much as he loves football!
Seriously ladies, if this month has your thoughts turning to the possibility of divorce, don't try to do it alone! Put together your own winning team! Here are some of the people that you should add to your roster.
1. CDFA, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. As a CDFA, I work with individuals helping them to understand and organize their assets so that they will have clarity when making financial decisions that will affect their future. I help them before, during and after divorce by taking the emotions out of the decisions that need to be made.
2. Financial Advisor. A CDFA can help you with all of your financial information and a financial advisor will make some investment choices after your divorce is final.
3. Accountant, or tax preparer. It is important to have copies of your last three years’ tax returns and any business tax returns. If you have not been active with your accountant or if you do not have one, you can request copies from your local IRS office.
4. Lawyer or Mediator. If you are not sure you are ready, or don’t know who to choose, talk to a CDFA first. My clients tell me that by working with me first, it has saved them a lot of money before seeing a lawyer. CDFA’s also work alongside lawyers and mediators so they are able to share your information and be involved throughout the whole process.
5. Therapist. I am a firm believer that women need women and we all need at least one good girlfriend - but sometimes we need a neutral party to give us a clear perspective. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed to find a good therapist.
6. Hairdresser. OK, so it may seem odd that I’m suggesting this but I truly believe we need to give ourselves attention at times of stress - and more often than not that is the first thing overlooked. If you knew me, I would also add a manicure and pedicure.
So ladies, pick your favorite color, wear it on February 1 to a Super Bowl party or at home and get ready to start rooting for your own team. Once you empower yourself, your team is sure to win – not just this year but every year. I’m cheering for you!
Related Articles -
Divorce, Superbowl, Financial Independence, CDFA,