People have been living in log homes for hundreds of years, and with good reason! Log homes provide an abundance of advantages and creature comforts, and they are the preferred type of home for those with cabins in the mountains and vacation homes on lakefront properties. While log homes are common as vacation properties, there are many advantages to choosing Colorado log homes for your permanent residence as well! |
Advantages to Living in a Log Home
Whether you are looking to live in a log home part-time as a vacation property or as your permanent residence, there are many reasons why log homes are a great choice for you and your family! Check out this list to learn more about the advantages of log homes:
• Energy savings in a comfortable environment: Whether you are looking to reduce your carbon footprint or you simply want to save a few bucks in utility costs, a log cabin home helps you to achieve both purposes. The timber used in log homes has a high thermal mass, which means that the wood is much more effective at storing and releasing air effectively. What this means for you is that your log home will be warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and your utility costs will not fluctuate quite as drastically as a more traditional home. The logs are typically 10-12 inches thick and can keep homeowners cool or warm (depending upon the season) with no central heating or cooling system. This can add up to big savings for homeowners. In fact, properly built log homes can be up to 20% more energy efficient than homes built with more traditional materials.
• A country aesthetic: If you are looking for a home with a rustic appearance, a log home is a great choice. Log homes are instantly recognizable and make your home stand out. Everyone loves a log cabin, and the comfort and sense of peace and serenity is undeniable. Log homes are cozy and comfortable and allow you to feel at one with nature no matter where your home resides. Additionally, there are a lot of creative ways to mix the country feel of a log home with more modern decor and architecture. Just because your home is rustic doesn't mean it has to look old fashioned!
• An affordable abode: Log homes are typically much more affordable than more traditional homes, so if you are looking to buy a home but don't have a lot to spend, a log home is a great option that will allow you to keep money in your pocket and make financing a home possible for you. On average, log homes are 30-40% less expensive than more traditional homes.
• A quiet and private place: Since log homes are well insulated, you will find that they absorb sound much better than other types of building materials. If your property is in a noisy area, a log home will help to block out much of the sound.
• A good investment: Well-maintained log homes can last more than a century. As such, they are a good investment for homeowners. It can be difficult to find a well-maintained log home, as they are in high demand. If you are lucky enough to find one, snatch it up! If not, log homes are built of such sturdy materials that it takes only a minimum investment in order to fix up a log home that needs work. Another option is to build a brand new log home with a Colorado Log homes builder in your area.
Allpine Lumber is the most diverse custom sawmill in the industry. We provide the finest Colorado Log homes around. Let us help you build your log home now! Visit our page on http://www.allpineloghomes.com/ for more info!
Related Articles -
Colorado, Log, homes,