When you are looking for a web design company, it’s understandable that you will want to talk to them about many of the developments most pertinent to 2017 – perhaps the emergence of ‘mobile-first’ web design, or the increasing use of rich animations and dynamic typography. |
However, there are also certain things that make a design great irrespective of the year, or even whether it’s a website that is being designed. Here are five of them.
1. Aesthetic pleasure If you were asked to choose between two products that were equally functional and had all of the obvious aspects of good design, except that one of them was much more aesthetically pleasing than the other, it’s fair to say that you would probably choose the better-looking option.
That’s only human – we all gravitate towards things that are beautiful, and this should be accounted for in your approach to design.
2. Longevity It seems obvious to state that designs that follow momentary fads and fashions will always be less timeless than those that stick to the basics. However, it’s a lesson still surprisingly unheeded by many web designers and website owners.
If you want your website design to last the course, aim for a minimal, functional aesthetic – the equivalent of the black or white shirt that never goes out of fashion.
3. Honesty A timeless design doesn’t mislead the user about what it does. It remains true to its function and nothing more, which is another factor that may guide you towards a minimalist aesthetic.
4. Unobtrusiveness Good design doesn’t get in the way of the intended purpose of the product. Indeed, it is best when the user does not even recognise specific design elements, but can nonetheless make use of that design with the maximum of productivity and the minimum of fuss.
5. Attention to detail No element of the best website design appears by chance or default – it is there because it has a purpose. Ultimately, a timeless design doesn’t waste the user’s time, which is one of their most invaluable commodities of all.
Remember that great design is as much about constraints as it is about freedom, which further helps to ensure its timelessness. The above are vital commandments to consider when overseeing any design, and should certainly be central to the approach of any leading web design company in UK.
Related Articles -
web design company, web design company in UK,