You do not always buy new furniture. You often purchase used or second-hand furniture from vendors available online or in stores. You can also fix or restore used or old furniture to make it appear as though it were new, and then sell it off to others! Here we have shared some tips on how you can renew and repair your old furniture either by yourself or with the help of furniture repair services. |
1. Know the age: Try to find out the value of your furniture before you start restoring it. Inspect the piece thoroughly to find out its origin. If you think it is of some financial worth, you must consult a professional before you start any kind of work on it. It could be an antique item, and you definitely do not want to cause harm to such an item. Be patient enough to know the real age of the furniture that you suspect could be an antique. If you can’t tell its age, try this! Remove a screw from the item and look for threads. If the widths twixt them are inconsistent, then probably it is old! Do your homework well and then call a professional to know the real worth of the furniture.
2. Find out time first: Furniture restoration or repair can be a daunting task. Make sure you have enough time to complete the job efficiently and successfully.
3. No, you are not enough: Call up the professionals and check the authenticity of the repairer. There are a lot out there claiming to be experts at furniture repair services; but not all of them are genuine. Do not trust anyone without checking his or her credentials. You can check their online presence as well.
4. The financial factor: You have to determine the repairing cost of the old furniture that you have to avoid confusions later on. Ask the furniture repair services’ person if they would accept payment in advance, on the spot or in instalments. Do they accept only cash or cards as well? Please note that if the repairing or restoration cost is very high, you may reconsider your decision, and buy a new piece instead. Some restoration projects will be easy whilst winding costs in few cases can be very high. Therefore, it is better you know and stick to your budget.
5. Start with cleaning and then fix broken parts: A vigorous cleaning of the furniture is essential before you use a sandpaper and then apply paintbrush on it. This removes grime and dirt. This gives a nice finish to the furniture and makes it look new again. You can scrub and clean the furniture with a sponge using an oil soap that is vegetable based along with water. You can use a toothbrush to clean hidden corners, and work with a slender wooden rod to clean tight spots. Use the finest quality steel wool if you have to use it to clean wax build-up.
6. Do not compromise on safety: Restoring or fixing furniture can be quite a task! You absolutely have to keep your safety in mind first. You do not want a splinter of wood to prick in your eyes accidentally, or come under attack of heavy fumes. You must keep your skin protected against harsh chemicals by wearing appropriate clothing, for example, full-sleeved shirt and full-length pants. If you are varnishing an item, make sure you wear a mask in a well-ventilated room.
There are a number of thorough professionals available in the carpet industry who offer excellent furniture repair services at reasonable prices. Make sure you pick the best!
furniture repair service : Restoring or repairing old furniture is not very easy. Now fix old furniture with the quick tips shared above, or seek help from professionals offering furniture repair service at reasonable rates. JMH furniture
Related Articles -
furniture repair service, furniture repair service,