You love reading books? Then you'll surely love owning a Kindle. If you're a hipster, you'd say that you prefer to read real books made of paper. But weren't hipsters also concerned about the environment? Paper is made of chopped trees, people! Isn't it time to think a bit about the environment? Yes, I know that I went a bit off topic here but this is important! |
So, you are wondering how to clean your Amazon Kindle properly. You are at the right spot, no doubt about it – I have prepared just the right tips for this cleaning procedure.
If you want to prolong the life of your electronic reader then it is very important to clean it regularly. This will make reading a lot more easier (and pleasant) – also, the reader will run more efficiently. The thing is, the newest Kindle models (Touch and Fire) are highly susceptible to dirt coming from your fingers and unwanted smudges. Eventually, the casing and the buttons will also get smudged after a lot of use. But before we start cleaning your Kindle, let's review the major DON'Ts
Amazon Kindle DON'Ts:
1. Don't ever drop it water – water damage will ruin your electronic reader for sure. 2. Don't use with dirty finger – make sure that you haven't touched food when you are operating with the reader. 3. Don't use commercial cleaners to rid your Kindle of filth and stains.
Now that we've cleared the major Kindle don'ts, we can begin the cleaning procedure. To perform this task you will need the following things: Soft, non-abrasive cloth (microfibre is the best possible choice); Distilled water; Five minutes of your time;
Now, here is how you can clean your reader in 5 easy steps:
1. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds – you want to turn off the reader before you start cleaning it. You have to do it in order to protect the reader from accidental change of settings and deletion of content while swiping the screen.
2. Take the reader out of the protective case. While the case protects your Kindle from accidental cracks and scratches, removing it will make the cleaning process a lot more easier.
3. Use the microfibre cloth to gently wipe the screen. Remove any smudges you might notice.
4. If you find out that there is some grime on the screen, moisten a soft cloth with distilled water and gently rub them off.
5. Wipe the entire body of the Kindle reader with a soft cloth in order to remove and filth and put it back in the protective case.
Your electronic reader should be perfectly clean by now. Perform this procedure regularly – at least once a week – and your Kindle will have a long and happy life. You will be able to enjoy your books for years to come. These clever cleaning tips were brought to you by the cleaners Islington - a prominent cleaning company.
Related Articles -
Kindle, Amazon, e-books, electronic reader, cleaning, maintenance, cleaning tips,