If losing weight seems to have become a lost cause for you because you find yourself bouncing from fad diet to the newest fat burning pill then it's time you learn how to increase your metabolism with these seven easy to do lifestyle changes. If you can simply speed up your metabolism your body will consume more calories and before you know it those extra pounds will begin to disappear. And once those pounds are gone they will stay off because an increased metabolic rate will keep burning any extra fat before your body can store it away. |
There are no secrets to these seven steps. They are easy to accomplish if you are motivated to lose that extra weight and take back control of your body.
1. Get More Sleep – There are two reasons for this. The first is that many studies have shown that people who get 8 hours or more of sleep per night have a higher metabolism then those who get less sleep. The second reason is that getting enough sleep has an affect on daily energy levels. If you do not get enough sleep you will probably snack more throughout the day trying to compensate for the lack of energy you feel.
2. Exercise in the Evening – Our metabolic rate slows down during the course of the day. During a normal day most of our calorie burning occurs during the morning. Taking a walk or some other form of exercise during the early evening speeds up our metabolism and helps burn away extra calories. You don't have to do an all out workout, just something to get the blood pumping and your heart rate up.
3. Get Moving – Our sedentary lifestyle is one of the biggest metabolism busters we have to deal with. Look for way to incorporate more activity and movement into your day. Take a walk at lunch, use the stairs instead of riding the elevator, and don't park in the space closest to the building where you work or at the mall. It's the little things that will add up at the end of the day that count.
4. Protein – Eating protein stabilizes your insulin levels which can have a big affect on how your metabolism runs.
5. Diet Choices – The healthier your food choices the higher your metabolism will run. Your body needs nutritious high fiber foods to run at it highest level. The reason for this is simple; the body must spend more energy extracting all the nutrients from these foods which it needs to function properly.
6. Eat More Often – This doesn't mean stuff your self all day long. If you eat 5 or 6 smaller meals during the day you will not only find you eat less but you'll have more energy as well, keeping you away from those sugary snacks. Skipping meals is a big no-no because this can actually cause your metabolism to slow down.
7. Lift Something Heavy – Building lean muscle mass is one of the best things for increased metabolism that you can do. Not only will you burn calories while working out but lean muscle mass also consumes large amounts of caloric energy after the workout.
By learning how to increase your metabolism starting with these 7 easy steps you can rev up your body's fat burning engine. The best part is these are all things you can do during the day and they require no special diets, pills, or even the latest exercise gizmo.
For more information about how to increase your metabolism and for more information about how your metabolism works please click here.
Related Articles -
how to increase metabolism, increase metabolism, increasing metabolism, increase your metabolism,