You take immense pride in your tasteful and elegant interiors. Your house is a beacon of beauty, rather how a house should be except for that tiny leakage which is yet to be attended and also that sprawling colony of mold making inroads onto your picture perfect walls and ceiling. |
Think you can stretch not fixing that problem for one more day? Think again!
The molds don't show any mercy when it latches on to your bare, smooth surfaced walls. It recklessly treads on and leaves you with molds and well, more ugly molds. However, unlike popular imagination as Hollywood would project, molds aren't any alien invasion bent on destroying towns. But if left unattended, it sure can cause you some health problems along with leaving your house scar faced.
Soak the problem:
It's been noticed that seven out of ten times it results due to dampness or incursion of water in your house. Yes that includes that leaking faucet, or that tiny puddle that the rains left behind on your roof top. Most of the growths are caused by leaks that weren't repaired properly. So, if you suspect your house could be susceptible to a history of water damage, like floods or leaks, get it inspected pronto.
Your dusty basement, or that unused attic, even that quiet corner of crawling space are some of the best place to catch the spores growing uninhibited. But don't let that blind you to certain worst case scenarios such as acoustical ceiling tiles, under carpets, between pillars and tiny cracks.
Although most of the molds encountered are of harmless type, however, in the case of devastating floods like Hurricane Katrina, the aftermath can be threateningly disastrous as climatic conditions further aggravate the situation. Since the growth is a slow process, it can be nipped in the bud if located at the right time.
A step by step plan for yearlong freedom:
* Play the detective-Check your house for any leaks or formations. If you plan to buy that gorgeous villa, get details about any previous water problems in the house so as to avoid putting a damp cloth on your grandiose designs.
* Don't leave it to the rain gods-Do not mistake specific seasons alone to play havoc. Molds don't hibernate in winter, nor does it vacation in summer. So keep track of early signs specifically in places like basement, attics, shower space or bathrooms, area near the water pipes.
* Fix it quick-Put to rest any possibilities that can be a trigger factor. So pick that phone and call the repairman if you find a leakage in the plumbing, improper ventilation, clogs, roof or ceiling leaks, minor cracks and the like.
* Become the terminator-Once you have identified growth formation, do not waste time. First and foremost dry up its survival line, i.e., cut off the water source. Follow it up with a powerful cleaning product. If the stains are larger in area, do not try self medication. Call a remediation expert.
* Dress up new-Once the problem has been curbed and rectified, let the area dry completely and thoroughly. To prevent it from reappearing, apply the area with a mold primer. And finally repaint.
The next time you see a battle of invasion, don't get frightened. Seek more information and follow these tips.
Overcome the devastating setbacks caused by mold by calling experts on mold remediation. Rhode Island professionals protect your family and property from the threat of mold. Visit http://www.purocleanri.com
Related Articles -
mold remediation cranston, mold remediation coventry, mold remediation rhode island,