The differences between standard office partitions and glass partitions may seem clear, but there might be more to it than you think. A glass partition is not just to allow you to see your colleagues in the next room and there are greater benefits to standard partitions than just privacy. This article will take a look at these points and give you the information you need to decide what type of office partitions to use where. |
Firstly we look at the advantages of Glass Partitions:
• Aesthetics - One of the biggest appeals when it comes to glass partitions is the slick and professional look produced, and for some this might be the only reason to install them. Others may be looking to create a good first impression and a positive working environment for employees.
• Diversity - The range of glass partitioning systems available is massive, and many come in customisable modules meaning you can cater for any size, shape and style to suit your office space. The best manufacturers of partitions provide bespoke designs, meaning your needs will be met perfectly.
• Visibility - One of the most cost efficient and environmentally friendly benefits of glass partitions are that they help to accentuate the natural light available, which can often be limited. This can almost always reduce dependency on fluorescent lighting, therefore reducing costs and increasing 'green' credentials.
• Low Cost - Implementing glass partitions is a much cheaper alternative than buying fully fitted traditional walls, and on top of this, this type of partition is easily demountable meaning the layout of your office can more easily be altered as your needs change.
• Sound Proof - Another major benefit is the sound proof nature of modern glass partitions. This can be incredibly important for some firms in particular, for example where client confidentiality is essential. Glass partitions can also come with partially or fully frosted glass which enables for enhanced privacy in meetings.
• Motivation - Working in an environment where you can easily communicate with colleagues and where natural light is constantly allowed through will almost certainly boost the motivation of your work force, helping to improve work rate, the standard of work and making the office a happy and harmonious place to be.
Standard Office Partitions
• Personal Space - With traditional closed plan office layouts, every individual employee will have their own space to work within along with all the equipment they need to go about their job effectively. This should mean that they can work in quiet which can be very beneficial when working to tight deadlines.
• Team Work-Many companies will require that teams work closely together when organising an event, campaign or when trying to reach a goal. Working in a partitioned office will allow them work closely and effectively together on the task in hand.
• Design - Again, the design and aesthetics of these partitions can be customised to business requirements and preferences, and can be customised to fit into any office space no matter how big, small or awkwardly shaped.
• Affordable - These partitions do not carry all of the longer term financial incentives of glass partitions, however they are more easily affordable.
Related Articles -
office partitions, partitions, uk,