All You Need To Know About Carpet Cleaning As A Home Owner
A carpet is a treasure in every home. It is also a major responsibility. As the home owner, your job is to ensure that you keep it as clean as possible for both aesthetic and functional purposes. In this case, there is a lot that you need to know about carpet cleaning in general. This information will allow you to give your carpet the tender loving care that it so desperately needs and deserves. Without further ado, below are 8 of the most important thing that every home owner should know about carpet cleaning.
8 Things You Must Know
1. Not all carpets are the same When it comes to carpet cleaning, the type of fiber on the carpet is very important to consider. This is because it influences a lot of things. First of all, it determines the most appropriate cleaning methods to use. Softer fabrics need to be handled gently and would therefore best be cleaned using methods where there is no scrubbing. Tougher fabrics like canvas and sisal on the other hand can handle all cleaning methods. The type of carpet also determines other things including cleaning chemicals applicable, how easy it is to remove stains and drying time.
2. There are many different cleaning techniques out there Something else you need to understand as a home owner is the fact that there are very many different cleaning methods out there. Some use water and others don`t. Some use heat and steam while others do not. Understanding the methods, where they are best applied and their individual pros and cons is very important. This is in spite of the fact the carpet cleaning crew will handle most of the heavy work. It doesn`t hurt to know a little about the methods that they intend to use so as to know what to expect.
3. A dirty carpet is bad for your health Dirty carpets look bad and do not exactly smell the best. However, this is not the worst thing about them. An unclean carpet can very easily become a reservoir for pathogens within your home. It could harbor particles including fur and pollen that trigger allergic reactions. It could also house pests and parasites including dust mites and bed bugs that will for sure terrorise you and your guests and make your living spaces inhabitable. With these and many other pathogens to worry about, you cannot afford to compromise on getting professional carpet cleaning.
4. A run on your vacuum every day is not enough to keep the all the nastiness away There is this common misconception among home owners that simply vacuuming on a regular basis is a suitable substitute to professional carpet cleaning. This could not possibly be any further from the truth. Vacuuming does without a doubt help keep the carpet clean after it is professionally handled. However, it is not enough to get rid of all the contaminants. This is especially the case with sticky messes, stains and liquid spills. In these cases, your vacuum is basically useless.
5. DIY carpet cleaning is never a good idea We live in a day and age where DIY project are all the rage. So it is understandable that you as the home owner would be intrigued by the idea of deep cleaning your own carpet. However, there arenâ€™t words to sufficiently express just how bad of an idea this is as so much can go wrong. You could end up making a mess worse by using the wrong cleaning supplies. You could ruin your carpet by using the wrong methods on the wrong fabric. Or you could end up putting your health at risk handling a germ-ridden carpet without the right gear. With all this in mind, it is probably best to let the professionals handle it for you.
6. A dirty carpet could ruin your floor and your furniture This is usually the case when carpets suffer water damage. The fabric tends to hold on to water leaving the carpet damp for a very long time. This moisture could easily seep in to wood panels on the floor or wooden furniture stands causing damage. You will start to things like signs of rotting and musky odors. So if your carpet gets spilt on or flooded it is best to get it cleaned before the situation gets worse.
7. Carpet cleaning needs to be done on a regular basis Professional carpet cleaning is not one of those things that you do every once in a while when your carpet starts to resemble the desert surface. It is something that you need to make a habit of doing on a regular basis whether or not it looks dirty. This is because with most carpets, dirt tends to be subtle and goes unnoticed for a very long time. However, just because you cannot see stains or fur balls it does not mean that your carpet is clean. To be on the safe side, schedule professional carpet cleaning sessions as regularly as you possibly can. The most appropriate frequency would be once every 2 or 3 months. You could even have it cleaned once a month if there is a lot of foot traffic over the carpet.
8. Carpets need great air flow and circulation to remain clean A lot of the dirt that settles on the surface of carpets can very easily be eliminated by simply improving air flow to the room. This includes dust, fur from pets and pollen grains. Having a constant supply of this fresh air basically flushes the particles form the surface of the carpet making your job a little easier for you. So invest in an air filter and conditioning system and let your carpet reap the benefits. Or simply pop open a window every once in a while and let nature take care of your carpet for you.
In a nutshell, being informed is truly the best way to ensure that you take good care of your carpet. The tips and general information provided above should prove very useful especially if you are a first time carpet owner. In a nutshell, try and get your carpet professionally cleaned as often as possible. Working with people who know exactly what they are doing means that your job of maintenance is made a whole lot easier. No need to learn about the different cleaning methods or what individual carpet fabric types need. All you have to do is find the right crew for the job and learn how to take care of your carpet before you schedule the next carpet cleaning.
Related Articles -
carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning dublin, domestic carpet cleaning, commercial carpet cleaning, industrial carpet cleaning, steam carpet cleaning,