With the sole goal of making and advancing the awareness towards supportable advancement among all overall business network, the International Organization for Standardization had brought into impact the ISO certification 50001. Since its production on fifteenth June 2011, the ISO 50001 has dependably remained for a formalized ISO certification process for brilliance in systematic energy management systems (EnMS) and advancing energy effectiveness among associations everywhere throughout the globe. |
• The ISO 50001 is a benchmark that underpins the associations with a structuralized plan for coordination and usage of various energy effectiveness measures all through the management practices of an association.
• The ISO certification 50001 goes about as an only coordinated standard for energy productivity among worldwide business concerns.
• Through a remarkable technique for the execution of energy, effectiveness hones, all foundations can work as once a huge mob towards the worldwide drive of energy preservation.
Under ISO 50001,
• Energy management is now an extensive term that is being utilized particularly in various fields of business. Plainly, it can suggest distinctively to various people. This means that the concept of Energy management can be interpreted differently in different spheres of industry.
• Be that as it may, a typical perplexity that the vast majority of the experts confront that is a significant beginner to the domain of ISO certification is about the contrast among EnMS and EMIS.
#1. How can we distinguish between Energy management and Energy Management Information System?
There is a conceptual difference between the 2 terms:- Energy management System (EnMS) and Energy Management Information System (EMIS).
#2. What do we mean by Energy management System?
Importantly, the ISO 50001 certification always stands for a perfect Energy Management System (EnMS). According to the ISO 50001 rules, the perfect EnMS has an all-around organized system that incorporates 2 separate circles management and specialized.
#3. What do we mean by Energy Management Information System?
Under the specific head of Energy Management, there is a very imperative part of Energy Management Information System (EMIS). The key contrast between the 2 terms EnMS and EMIS is that Energy Management System (EnMS) is a wide domain that comprises of the imperative part of Energy Management Information System (EMIS). An EnMS is a structure by which an association utilizes perfect procedures to keep up the control and upgrade of energy effectiveness, which is a systematic way to deal with energy management. The structure of a perfect EMIS is represented underneath-
#4. What is the function of EMIS?
The Energy Management Information System or EMIS is the most basic part of the much desired EnMS. The EMIS emphasizes the collection of the information that underpins different aspects of an EnMS which incorporates the capacities as mentioned below-
• The energy audit,
• Estimation of an energy standard,
• EnPIs, and
• Checking the activity plan results.
? Be that as it may, the EMIS conveys no an incentive until the point that the correct information is assembled and investigated and translated in the correct way. ? EMIS is a key part of the EnMS; the appropriately utilized EMIS information underpins great EnMS basic leadership; the EnMS guides EMIS structure and guarantees a decent profit for the EMIS venture.
#5. What is the significance of ISO 50001 in an organization?
ISO 50001:2018 targets empowering an association to build up a precise methodology for the nonstop upgrade of energy productivity, energy security, environmentally friendly power energy use and shrewd energy utilization.
• Feasible Energy Use ISO 50001:2018 urges the associations to outline an approach for brilliant and maintainable utilization of energy and advancement of perfect Energy management framework (EnMS).
• Insightful decision ISO 50001 underscores the utilization of information to all the more likely perceive the difficulties and settle on choices about savvy energy utilization.
#6. How ISO 50001 EnMS does ensure Energy Proficiency?
Here’s how an ISO 50001 EnMS ensures Energy Proficiency in an organization:- • Much more than the primary aspect of energy efficiency, the ISO 50001:2018 also insists on boosting proficiency in the energy efficiency of an organization.
• A consistent energy management process helps in sustainable economic development. It enables the entities to exploit untapped energy efficiency potential. This is very beneficial for the organization.
• This will not only facilitate the cost-effective use of energy but will also help in making a vital contribution towards environmental conservation and climate protection.
• ISO 50001 certification proposes a steady and consistent reduction in the wastage of energy so that the energy costs can be minimized. Besides, it urges business organizations to bring down their level of carbon emissions.
Related Articles -
ISO 50001 certification, Energy Management System, Energy Mnagement Information System,