You might have heard about techies breaking in your computer remotely using mobile phones. If you haven’t then be aware of these scammers who claims themselves as a well-known online technical support who works with some big company. These online PC support scammers tells you that they have detected a virus infection on your computer and will trick you in giving access of your computer or paying for the unnecessary software.
The motto of these PC support scammers is to take advantage of your concern with viruses and infections. They know that we all worry about computer viruses and it is important to install some security application for saving the computer from virus threats. But, these scammers are neither Computer Repair and laptop repair service provider, nor they are genius online technical support, the only thing they care about is your money.
How these PC support scammers actually work?
When you search for a fix my computer keyword on the internet, you find several kinds of website showing in the search engine result. These PC support scammers actually setup some kind of fake websites that trick you in opening them. They even offer you free scan service and starts sending enormous alarming messages for trying to convince you that you have an infected computer. After the scanning service these PC support scammers are going to sell you some security software which has no usage at all. Sometimes you may even find this particular software for computer repair and laptop repair service for free and at the worst cases it could be virus that could give the access of your computer to criminals.
Even if you don’t search for fix my problem keyword on internet, you may get a phone call with all your information from some directories on the internet. These online technical support scammers could even guess the software you are using for your computer.
And once you get on the phone with them they will influence and impress you with some tetchy terms. Here is some information they may ask from you:
• Asking to give them computer access and making changes using their so called PC support system.
• Asking you to enrol for useless maintenance program for your computer.
• Asking your credit card details for buying some antivirus program over the phone.
• Asking you to install some application that may steal secure data of yours.
• Asking you open a website for entering credit card and other personal details.
When you get call from any PC support service Helpline Number 1-800-439-5196 (Toll Free)
• Never provide an access to any of the third party caller.
• Don’t believe on caller ID. They are criminals with having a technology to interfere with the caller ID.
• Searching for online PC support service is not the legitimate way for contacting a service provider. You can choose to opt for company that is having details on your current software package or on a receipt that you got from the authentic seller.
• Never provide credit card or any kind of personal details to anyone claiming authentic PC support provider.
• Never give your password to anyone as no legitimate company would ask for it.
If you have already responded to any of the PC support scammer, then you don’t need to panic. Just report it to the cyber security after removing the installed program and changing password.
Related Articles -
Online, Remote, PC, Support, Services,