The use of Advanced Metering systems involved AMR can provide benefits for Utilities, Retail providers, Landlords and Customers. The most noteworthy advantages for using these systems are increased efficiencies, outage detection, tamper notification and reduced labour cost as a result of automating reads compared to recording data via manual methods. |
The range of AMR devices in the market as we see them in this day and age can work well in being able to fit almost any application with options involving Wired and Wireless Solutions. Additionally, with the meter data being readily available, more flexible billing cycles would be available to clients instead of following a monthly or quarterly cycle of manually recording Meter readings. Utility installations are already seeing AMR systems implemented across the UK and Secondary systems are following suit.
- Accurate meter reading, no more estimates
- Accurate profile classes and measurement classes
- Improved security and tamper detection for equipment
- Energy management through profile data graphs
- Less financial burden correcting mistakes
- Less accrued expenditure
- Transparency of “cost to read” metering
- Improved procurement though more accurate data - “de-risking” price
- Improved billing and tracking of usage (energy monitors – real-time data)
AMR will improve billing and enhance the tracking of usage. AMR can also help alert you to household leaks so you are able to fix them before they become costly problems. You will continue to receive your water/sewer bills in accordance with your normal billing schedule.
Related Articles -
automated meter reader, automated meter readers,