While you love basking in the sun or work outdoors most of the time during the day, your skin remains vulnerable to sunrays. With a reliable sunscreen at your disposal, you can protect your skin from harmful UV exposure. With lots of cosmetics brands offering branded sunscreen lotions on the market, you need to pick the right one to fit your situation. The last thing you would want is to damage your skin while enjoying your moments on the beach or remaining outdoors. |
Choosing the right sunscreen: How to go about it? Here are some guidelines that would help you choose the right sunscreen.
1. Provides both UVA and UVB protection It would be logical to get a comprehensive protection against sun exposure through your sunscreen lotion. Dermatologists recommend getting a sunscreen that secures your skin against both UVA and UVB. While UVA causes wrinkles on your skin, UVB leads to sunburn and eventually could lead to skin cancer. Unless you get proper protection against sun exposure, your skin would sag and shows signs of aging.
Remember, UVA rays can affect your skin round the years. The intensity of these rays remains the same, regardless of whether it is cloudy or sunny.
2. Buy a reputed brand When it comes to shopping skincare products, you should settle for a reputed brand with track record of trustworthiness. Read the reviews and testimonials of the product before you purchase it. Besides, products with positive reviews from its customers would be more authentic. This can go a long way in ensuring that you won’t have a bad experience. Don’t settle for a cheap product, as it might affect your skin.
3. Check water resistance of the sunscreen Do you have plans to take a dip in the pool to relieve yourself from the scorching heat in the summers? Get a water-resistant sunscreen that would secure your skin even when you are in water. You won’t like to get the coating on your face washed off after a couple of dips.
Also, reapply the sunscreen every couple of hours. This would reinforce the protection on your skin. In humid environments, you would be sweating off the lotion throughout the day. In case you settle with a water-resistant sunscreen, humid environments won’t bother you.
4. Active ingredients for sun protection The presence of active ingredients in your sunscreen enhances the level of protection. Before you purchase it, look out for active ingredients with formulas containing avobenzone, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide. Active ingredients approved by regulators are a safe bet. Also, take care not to purchase sunscreen products containing any known problematic ingredient to avoid negative consequences.
5. Get medically approved products Considering the sensitivity of your skin, it would be wise to settle for medically approved sunscreens. Depending on the country of your residence, you need to check out the certification of the sunscreen before you make the purchase.
6. Get SRF-rated products SRF is a parameter of the sun exposure against which the sunscreen would protect you. Get a sunscreen with the SRF rating at least 15. For harsher sun exposure the SRF should be 30 or 40. If you remain exposed to the sun throughout the day, it’s wise to go for a 50 SRF.
Sun exposure can cause wrinkles in the skin, sunburns, and tarnish your looks. Under severe conditions, it can also lead to skin cancer. So, be vigilant about the sunscreen you purchase and get the product customized to your needs.
Vinner Labs is a solution-oriented provider· We provide products of high value and specialises in the supply of functional and active ingredients for personal care, home care, hair colour, sun care products, pigments, dyes and dietary supplements including Iscotrizinol, also called as Uvasorb Heb/ Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone· We are one of the unique players in this niche segment of specialty chemicals from India and elsewhere·We consider ourselves as value-unlockers in a variety of personal care categories including beauty care, skin care, and hair care· Vinner Labs differentiates itself by introducing newer molecules in areas of its functioning· We take immense pride in being one of the earliest to introduce functionally effective molecules in the personal care industry·
Related Articles -
beauty, skin care, ,