Regardless of whether sending something to a loved one or shipping an item to a customer, proper packing procedures have to be followed to make certain the package arrives in top condition, without any any damage or loss. Other than protection, proper packaging also gives perceived value to an item which is vitally important regarding shipping items as sold merchandise. |
1. At the same time protection is of utmost consideration, cost ought to be kept in mind especially for an ecommerce shipment. Besides preventing damages, packing must also be cost-effective. You don't need to use every available packing material to supply protection in your items, only the right one for the job.
Listed here are some shipping tips on how to packk a product for shipping and make certain it won't get damaged during transit.
2. When packing items for shipping, bear in mind that the package will go though all sorts of abuse over the shipping process. It does not mean though that postal or shipping workers don't heed "Handle with Care" labels, it's just accidents happen and a package can get thrown during handling, dropped off chutes or fell from conveyors. The secret is should be expected each one of these abuse and pack products to be protected against at least a 3-foot drop onto concrete.
3. There will also be possibility of a package getting encountered with the elements. It can get rained on or exposed to extreme temperatures. Thus, make sure that the item is properly protected from these elements during packing. Items can be placed in zip lock bags to get provide protection against dust and dirt as well as water resistance. Boxed packages can get added protection when wrapped in polybags.
4. Apart from the impact of falls and drops, an item must also be protected against other stresses like getting stacked under heavier loads or pressed against the truck's walls. Therefore, only strong and sturdy outer shipping boxes must be used at all times. An excellent shipping container for very fragile or heavy items are double-wall corrugated boxes which have the correct rigidity and impact protection.
5. If not properly packed, items inside a package can get damaged by banging onto each other. This can happen if the items are not properly padded and are left to move around inside the box. To avoid, the products needs to be packed tightly together with ample fillers in empty spaces to stop them from shifting during transit. Brown paper, bubble wrap, air cushions and packing peanuts are the best materials for cushioning and filling empty spaces.
Packaging merchandise for shipping don't have to be complicated and expensive. Just use the right material for the position along with a bit of common sense.
Related Articles -
how to ship, how to pack, shipping tips, packing supplies,