A USB flash drive is a modern compact data storage device that has replaced floppy disks and CD-ROM which have no match with the USB when it comes to size and performance. It includes a flash memory with a Universal Serial Bus interface. Computers access Modern flash memory systems in a similar way like the old hard disk drives, where the controller system keeps all the stored data under observation. The typical USB symbol is illustrated below: |
All the computers have built-in USB ports that can be identified by the typical USB symbol. USB devices are the simplest to connect. All we have to do is to connect the USB to the respective USB port as illustrated below:
When we plug-in a USB that is new to the operating system, the windows 7 automatically identifies it and installs the default driver. The windows then display a pop-up message as shown below:
Occasionally, we can face a situation where the windows 7 cannot identify the USB and needs to install new drivers for it. In this case, the windows may pop-up an error message as shown below:
This can be due to several reasons e.g.
* The USB driver is corrupt.
* The PC requires an update to resolve any conflicting issues between USB and Windows.
* Windows require an update to fix hardware and software issues etc.
For troubleshooting this issue we can take some typical steps:
* We can reinstall the USB device which can fix a problem associated with the drive installation. The procedure is as follows:
* Click the “Start” button, type “Device Manager” in the search box.
* Select the “Device Manager” icon from the list.
* Select the “Disk Drives” item from the list of installed hardware.
* Locate the problematic USB hard drive and right-click that device.
* Click “Uninstall” option from the displayed menu.
* After the un-installation of the hard drive, unplug the USB cable and re-plug it after a few seconds.
* We can install windows 7 updates that can resolve conflicting issues between the windows and the hard drive. The procedure is as follows:
* Click the “Start” button, and in the search box type “Windows Update” option.
* Select the “Windows Update” item.
* Select the “Check for Updates” option and let the scan to finish.
* Reboot the PC if prompted.
* We can upgrade the motherboard and install the latest chipset drivers.
* We can re-install the USB controllers as well that can fix any corrupt drivers. The procedure is as follows:
* Click the “Start” button, and in the search box type “Device Manager”.
* Select the respective “Device Driver” item from the list.
* Locate the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” item.
* Right-click a device under this item and then click “Uninstall” from the menu.
* Reboot the system.
The above mentioned steps can prove helpful in solving the issue. After performing the desired steps, reboot the PC and plug-in the flash drive again. In addition, the Windows 7 troubleshooting guide can always be consulted for a more detailed help.
Website For FREE mobile recharge & FREE sms – www.efuntoo.com
Related Articles -
Flash Drive Troubleshooting, WINDOWS 7, FREE mobile recharge, FREE sms, efuntoo.com,