History Of The Poker Game |
Through the years, historians have debated regarding the origin of the poker game. Enumerated below are some of the ancient games that are being connected to the eventual development of the game of poker:
1. Historians have regarded the ancient game of "As Nas," as one of the origins of the game of poker. This Persian game is a five-player betting game that uses a deck of twenty-five cards that has five suits.
2. Another ancient game regarded by historians to be the ancestor of the game of poker is the 16th-century gambling game of "Primero." This gambling card game was famous in Europe and if analyzed has many similarities with the game of poker.
3. Another ancient game is the French game "Brelan" and from it, the English game "Brag" or previously spelled "Bragg." Both of these card games used both the element of bluffing and betting. This concept of bluffing and betting was very present in other games during that time.
In the Americas, during the early 19th century, an English actor by the name of Joseph Cromwell made a reference to a game that is called poker.
Another individual by the name of Jonathan Green also made a written reference to a game called poker in his book. The book, "An Exposure of the Arts and Miseries of Gambling" was copyrighted the last year in 1843. In this book, he mentions certain rules to a game that he described as a "cheating game." This cheating game is being played on the Mississippi riverboats during that time.
Some historians believed that Green was one of the first to identify this "cheating game" under the name poker.
The Modern Poker Game
After a few decades, the poker game reached new heights as more and more poker tournaments are being played within American casinos. The World Series of Poker started in the 1970s.
The first World Series of Poker that attracted a total of only seven poker players was big in promotion by Las Vegas casino boss and poker player Benny Binion. This big event was held at Binion's Horseshoe casino.
The Harrah's Entertainment made a nationwide series of poker play events that started on the World Series of Poker.
Since then, every year, the number of players in the World Series of Poker grew and the prizes increased to new levels. By the 2004 World Series of Poker challenge, there are 2,500 players, and about US$ 25 million in prizes were given to the winners. The first prize was record-breaking at US$ 5 million.
Onset Of The Casino Internet Online Poker
The growth in the popularity of poker is also attributed to the World Series Of Poker as well as the broadcasts of the World Poker Tour that is continually being shown on ESPN as well as the Travel Channel.
Also, the number of casino internet online poker rooms have further fueled the interest of people in the game of poker.
The casino internet online poker was so popular during that time that players of casino internet online poker were readily accepted to the World Series of Poker tournaments. Some of the champions that emerged from this World Series of Poker are regular players on the casino internet online poker.
New Features Of Casino Internet Online Poker
1. The casino internet online poker provides the player with an equal advantage with his opponents. Either player is playing the casino internet online poker in virtual Internet space and therefore they would have difficulty reading the reactions of each player because they have nothing to read at all.
A computer interface for the casino internet online poker is all that is available for visual inspection.
2. The casino internet online poker also provides the player with a faster rate of play and access to multiple tables. Therefore, the player has a higher chance of earning money in a casino internet online poker.
3. The casino internet online poker also provides the player with some collusion detection capabilities. The casino internet online poker would be able to secure the "hand history" of every play of the players. With this capability, the casino internet online poker can identify possible collusion patterns between players.
This ability makes it more secure for all players of the casino internet online poker.
Aside from this, casino internet online poker can monitor the IP addresses of the poker players so they can detect if they are located within a single room or they are divided from each other physically.
Related Articles -
online poker, poker,