Types of fire pits vary, from metal bowls to stacked granite rings. Depending upon the model, they are very easy and cost effective to install for most homeowners. In most cases, two people can install it and the net cost for installation is between $100 and $300. Fancier fire pits will cost more but do-it-yourself ones work just fine for some. Benefits of an Outdoor Fire Pit |
• The first is the entertainment value. An idealistic view is to hold family gathering near a fire pit. Moreover, these fire pits can also extend the party to the outdoors
• Outdoor fire pits present a unique opportunity of making some barbeque with friends. Since fire pit heat isn’t that intense for grilling and barbeque, small foods can be baked such as kabobs and marshmallows
• Fire pits warm the place for comfortable sitting. Friends can hang out together on late chilly evenings and keep warm.
• Introverts can use fire pits for a book reading session or even star gazing
• Fire pits add a decent value to a house and it can boost its resale value
Types of Fire Pits
Wood Burning Fire Pits
This kind of fire pit is synonymous to a campfire in backyard. They release natural warmth, crackling wood and actual smoke while keeping the fire under control. It has subcategories as per different individual’s requirements.
Propane Fire Pits
Another kind of fire pit is the propane fire pit. They provide an amazing fire in the absence of constant input of wood. Propane fire pits are available in large sizes and beautify the patio. Propane fire pits also have various subcategories.
Natural Gas Fire Pit
If the backyard can be installed with a gas line, then consider purchasing a natural gas fire pit. They emit a big fire and don’t require constant fuel other than nat gas.
Outdoor fire pits are appealing and boost the beauty of a home significantly, as they provide a warm ambience. One can never go wrong with installing an outdoor fire pit for dual purposes of beautifying the house and adding its value. Fire pits can also be adjusted for uses as per individual’s requirements. You can also use a fire fit to dispose any waste paper. Because of varying functionality, there are different designs of fire pits available on the market.
Outdoor fire pits have multiple advantages associated with them. Most people invest in outdoor fire pits for recreational purposes, as they chiefly allow them to host dinners and get-togethers with their friends/ families. Outdoor fire pits are available in hardware stores as well as online stores.
Finally, despite all their benefits, outdoor fire pits come with risks. The most important safety factor to keep in mind with fire pits is the size. Ensure that a fire pit is small enough to be manageable. The larger the fire size, the greater the potential of a disaster. Here are some additional safety tips:
• Ensure that the fire pit is kept 10 feet from any sensitive materials/ inflammable surfaces • Read the weather report before lighting up the fire pit, as fast winds blow the embers • Read about community guidelines about burns and bans on fire pits by regulating authorities • Keep a fire extinguisher/ bucket of water close by in case of unforeseen events
Ben Wayne writes for Recycled Granite Solutions, a family-run company, featuring products such as outdoor fire pits, pavers, and split stone - all made from natural recycled granite.
Related Articles -
fire pit, fire pits, outdoor fire pit, outdoor fire pits, fire, pit, backyard,