Deciding to treat alcoholism and addiction is a turning point in the path of living a sober and happy life. The next step is to look for a suitable treatment program that will transform this wish into reality. However, there are innumerable rehab programs out there and each one of them significantly differ from the other. In such a scenario, how will you decide which is the right choice for you?
Selecting treatment program can be simplified when you implement a strategic method to shortlist and ultimately choose the suitable program. Wondering what this method can be? Read on to find out more.
Choosing Suitable Addiction Treatment Programs
You have to consider a three-step approach, which will help in distinguishing the potential program of a drug treatment center from the rest and these are:
Step 1: Perform an in-depth research
Gather optimal information about the various programs around, some of the common ones include:
- Inpatient treatment program: Available as 30-day, 60-day or 90-day treatment program that combines detoxification with individual and group therapies by professional counselors, here patients have to stay in the facility during the period of treatment.
- Outpatient treatment program: Meant for individuals who want to carry out their day-to-day responsibilities and still get treatment for addiction and alcoholism.
In addition to this, some of the programs offer customized plans giving the opportunity to opt for the one that perfectly suits your needs.
Step 2: Find answers to your queries
It's obvious to have questions prior to enrolling for outpatient or inpatient treatment program, and so ask them beforehand. Some of the common queries that might revolve in your mind are:
- How long will be the rehab program?
- What will be the age, gender and severity of addiction of individuals who will be part of the program?
- Does the program guarantee 100% recovery from addiction?
- Is there an aftercare plan to prevent relapse after completion of the program?
Step 3: Compare and select the right treatment program
Focus on the potential options and compare them in terms of how the program has been designed (number of days, methods implemented, types of therapies used), experience of previous patients and average success rate. At the end of the day, you need a well-designed program that meets your requirements and ensures a desired outcome.
Successful recovery from addiction is based on the rehab program of drug treatment center in Texas, as it is aids in developing healthy habits in place of destructive old ones, and also help in learning skills for healthier and happier life.