You can learn how to play guitar online at your own pace, in the comfort of your home. This is an important consideration for many people. The guitar is an instrument you can learn quickly, but it will take some dedication and hard work to achieve this goal. If willing to do what it takes, you will succeed: |
Consider the following four steps to learning to play the guitar as a beginner:
Step 1: Know the Parts of your Guitar
Once you have a guitar, you’ll want to learn the different parts. You can find a picture of a guitar and its features online or in an encyclopedia. A few of the features are:
• The bridge
• The head
The pickups, knobs, and switches found on guitars are also important. If your guitar doesn’t have some of these options, don’t worry about them. They aren’t a part of playing the guitar, but they change how it sounds. Make sure you know where each part is located on your guitar when you begin playing so that everything will be easy to identify later when needed.
Step 2: Learn the Correct Posture and How to Hold the Guitar
Once you know all the guitar parts, you need to know how and where to position your body while playing. You should be seated with your left foot flat on the ground and your right foot pointing slightly outward. Your shoulders and back should be relaxed, and you should have a slight arch in your lower back.
To hold the guitar correctly, rest its body on your right leg with your arm lax around it. Then, to position the neck of the guitar for playing, extend it towards you so that it is parallel to the floor.
Step 3: Learn to tune the guitar
Once you have learned the correct posture and how to hold your guitar, you are ready for the next step of learning how to play the guitar. Tuning your guitar is how you make it sound the way you want. If your guitar is not well-tuned, it will sound bad! Read on to learn the different ways of tuning a guitar:
1. Tuning your guitar with an electronic tuner
Below are the steps to follow when tuning your guitar using an electric tuner
• Purchase the most common type of tuner, known as an “automated chromatic” or just a “chromatic” tuner. These are relatively inexpensive and easy to use and allow you to tune any guitar. The most common place to find one is in a music shop, but if you don’t have a local music shop nearby, they can also be found online at websites such as Amazon.
• Turn the tuner on and connect it to your guitar by either clipping it onto the headstock or plugging it into your instrument jack. Automatic tuners come with directions on doing this; if you’re unsure what to do, check them out!
• Begin playing each string on your guitar (in order from the first string down through the sixth) until the correct note appears on the screen. Adjust each string accordingly until your guitar is tuned correctly
2. Tuning by ear using another instrument
Here is how you tune a guitar using another instrument:
• Find an electric piano or other well-tuned instruments that play specific notes when keys are pressed (as opposed to instruments like electric organs, which may play chords when keys are pressed). A piano works best for this method, but any well-tuned instrument will work fine.
• Hold down the lowest note on the piano—the A key—and strum the fifth (A) string on your guitar at once to hear both notes at once. If they sound similar enough that you believe them to be almost identical in tone quality, then move to the next step; if not, continue adjusting the fifth string until both tones seem similar enough.
• To adjust the string’s tone using a tuning peg: turn counterclockwise for sharp/higher pitch; turn clockwise for flat/lower pitch.
Step 4: Learn a few chords and scales
The beauty of learning to play the guitar is that it is not as complicated as many other instruments. However, there’re still some things you need to learn to play the instrument well. After knowing how to tune your guitar, the next step is to start the actual playing. You can start by learning the basic chords and scales.
Chords provide harmony, and the scales provide the melody for a song. You will learn various types of scales, and depending on your preference, you can practice with any scale you want. The most popular scale used in popular music is called the major scale, consisting of 7 notes, but there are also minor scales consisting of 6 notes.
Once you master this step, you’re well on your way to becoming the prolific guitarist you want to be. Now you only have to build up your speed by learning new songs!
If you want to go beyond being just a beginner at this or any other skill, and work toward developing a real mastery, then you are going to need a deeper and more powerful strategy. What you need is a way to hack your brain so you can develop a winning mindset.
A winning mindset is a state of mind that allows you to enter a flow state at will. You do this by programming your subconscious mind.
Believe it or not, most of what you do throughout an average day is NOT freely chosen by your normal waking consciousness even though it may seem that way. The truth is that most of what you do on a day-to-day basis is done on autopilot. An example of this would be when you’re driving your car and as you do so you get bored and begin daydreaming. Before you know it, you find yourself several miles further down the road with absolutely NO memory of having driven those last several miles.
So, who exactly was driving while your waking consciousness was in la-la land, and how exactly did you manage to avoid an accident? Your subconscious mind was in control. You already spent years programming your subconscious with how to deal with a broad range of possible driving scenarios and thus it had no trouble taking the wheel while your waking consciousness took a little break. In other words, you were able to take effective actions without having to THINK about them.
The same way you programmed your subconscious to drive, you can also program it to automatically take successful actions toward mastering any other skill you decide that you want to learn. CLICK HERE to learn a proven, step-by-step formula to help you attain mastery at any skill you choose and achieve everything in life.
Related Articles -
learn how to play guitar, learn how to play guitar online, learning to play the guitar as a beginner,