Payroll Outsourcing Over the past few decades, the functions of the human resources department have grown exponentially. Particularly in the last one and half decade, technology has significantly changed the way HR is perceived and the way it is carried out. Human Resources department deals with a company’s most valuable assets – its employees. How does outsourcing HR services benefit a company?
While many of the tasks from the multitude of activities which HR performs, like talent development, are better handled in-house, some of the functions such as Payroll can be outsourced to help HR focus on areas which require personal attention. Moreover, there are numerous benefits that an employer can achieve by outsourcing HR services:
- Improve compliance and avoid legal risk
- Curtail down the expenses
- More focus on core business activities
- Make up for the lack of in-house expertise
How does outsourcing HR services benefit our employees?
When a business opts to outsource its HR functions, managing employee development and performance is done through consultancy firms who periodically monitor employee performance and report it to the organisation. This goes in as a step towards ensuring that employees comply with the business policies and procedures and ultimately help in achieving business goals.
What does a Payroll Outsourcing partner do?
Every pay period, businesses are forced to perform repetitive tasks of entering time and process withholdings. These tasks consume a large amount of time which could have been utilized on more critical issues. The process of Payroll outsourcing comprises of following stages:
- Provide Initial Info: When a business outsources its Payroll functions, it has to secure commitments on security that the outsourcing partner will protect the data of the firm.
- Timekeeping: Outsourcing partner keeps a record of the time when the employees are on the work site. This information is transferred through the use of means of computer software allowing employees to enter their working hours. However, for the salaried employees, the payroll gets processed automatically. When this data is sent to the payroll outsourcing partner, it will take care of any manual data entry required to process payroll.
- Focus on Deviations: Instead of doing repetitive work, outsourcing will let HR focus on anomalies and focus on more critical areas of the department in a less stressful environment.
How to choose an ideal Payroll Service provider? Selecting the perfect payroll service provider for specific needs depends upon several factors. But the key things that a service provider must offer are:
- Pay employees on time
- Pay payroll taxes on time
- Charge an upfront transparent price
- Continuous payroll processing
- Determine pay for regular and overtime hours.
- Services backed by a solid support
While the must haves provide for what a payroll service provider should be at least offering, the right option is one which meets a business’s individual requirements. Business should test the payroll outsourcing on the desired parameters such as time taken to fix errors, duration of customer service availability, the frequency of service report and so on.
Related Articles -
Payroll Outsourcing, Payroll Outsourcing Hyderabad, Payroll Outsourcing pune,