Despite the fact that Spain has had some financial problems during the past few years, it is nevertheless a hot-spot with European travelers. Its weather conditions, rich traditions plus pleasant folks turn it into a holiday place for Europeans, but still somewhat of a not fully discovered travel attraction for Americans. In the center within this superb part of the world will be Madrid, and I found it to be a place everyone should look into when making traveling plans to Europe. |
1. Geographical center of the Iberian Peninsula. Out of Madrid a person might get to a wide range of amazing places on the Iberian Peninsula during a surprisingly limited time span. For instance, should you be going from Madrid for Barcelona, you are traveling about as long as you can out of Madrid yet stay on the peninsula. By high-speed train you can accomplish your journey within just three hours, plus have numerous departure options.
There are lots of places in Spain as well as Portugal that are totally unique. Spots like Alicante, Seville as well as Granada, where the stunning Alhambra is located, are only a few destinations you should look to explore. These places plus many more are really easy to get to by train.
2. Great food. What you eat is pretty hearty, and you'll definitely wish to sample the tapas, which happen to be essentially snack-sized helpings that are shared. Very similar to Italy in which food is a very group experience, more than a few varieties of tapas are shared by everyone while dining. The afternoon meal is normally the primary hearty meal during the day, and supper is by American norms very late: 10 to 11 PM.
3. Spanish wine. Although beer has been rising in popularity with Spanish people, Spanish wines are some of the best within Europe. Vineyards are now popping up throughout the nation thanks to irrigation, technology, better grape varieties and plenty of investment. The two leading wine varieties have become Rioja and Navarra.
4. Parks and green space. Madrid is known as one of the greenest metropolitan areas in the world. It has the second most trees in any city in the world, second only to Tokyo, Japan, and they're increasing their green space every year. It is believed that in the last 12 years green areas inside the metro area have increased by approximately 16%, and today in excess of 8% of the city of Madrid is green.
5. Art. The world-celebrated Museo del Prado is at the top of the list of prestigious collections of art, but Madrid and actually Spain make art an aspect of their everyday life. You can observe art wherever you go; in my opinion even more within Spain than anywhere else in Europe. It really is a pleasure to walk in many parts of the city.
This European city is a truly wonderful place to just "be", and the people are delightful also. Put Madrid on your short list of places within Europe to go to.
There are so many places in Europe that are truly unique. Check out our website http://bestvacationeurope.com/ for information on other great things to see in Europe, and for ways to navigate your way around Europe by train. Jim O'Connell is a writer who loves to travel, especially in Europe.
Related Articles -
Madrid Spain, great cities in Europe, Spanish wine,